Thread: "Free"riding

Making fat cool since '71

"Free"riding

So, we cancelled our ride today since there was enough snow in CottageGrove to make me a bit nervous about driving to WhipeAss and such (not to mention I really couldn't get out of the drive until about 4:30). We had about 9" of heavy/wet snow. I've often thought about riding my snowboard at our place since it's got a steep section to it. The run is short, about 750 feet, but has a couple of steep sections, one small drop (2') and one 4' high tabletop jump. Traction was at a premium. It's difficult to carve on 9" of wet snow when it's sitting on top of mud and slush.

Just a couple pics: 1. driveway drop-in, 2. didn't quite make that turn (damn dog), 3. trying to get some speed, 4. Hey Jacques, getting ready for the drop, 5. You didn't see that whipeout, right?

Brock...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Are the wheels roundish? Ride it.

Disciples Of Dirt, come ride with us.

Est. 1971
    Jan 2004
    Cool.

I love Oregon so much more than Illinois.
    -Tim B
    Larry of the Swiss Alps

mtbr member
    Nice stuff Brock. Drew & I went for a cruise about town in the slush. Even that was a bit sketchy in places.
    Flaps

mtbr member
    XGame Oregon! Too funny. Way to make use of the white stuff there ImaKlyde.

Known Mountainbiker
    You should of taken that there tractor and built yourself a half pipe. That would of been cool. Course, all the Smellswell punks would of came by, abused your halfpipe, ate all your food and spray painted your neighbors' houses. Oh well. Maybe next time.

Caz
    I am a Mountain Biker therefore I am late