Giant Bicycles Kick A$$
    Mar 2004

free riders of Bend

I think free riding in bend is geting big, so we need to try to start a bend freeride group, club, whatever.
    [SIZE=6]h0okd 0N phonicks work fose ME!!![/SIZE]

I CAN'T SPELL
    SO WHAT
    GET OVER IT

MattSavage
    There is one, I think it's called BendFreeriders or something, kind of unorganized though, maybe they need a new Troop Leader. Check out the Prinville Adventure park website, that guy Paul is the one to talk to since he's super into advocacy and building.

http://www.prinevilleadventurepark.com/?page=mtn-bmx

I feel there's going to be alot of sanctioned building coming up in the next few years, so now's the time to get involved and help push it through.

I've got something on the burner I'm going to propose to COTA and the F.S. in the next month or two. A directional trail, primarily downhill gradient. Sort of Super D'ish with some manmade features enhancing the natural terrain. Sounds like a good idea to me, but I may be dreaming. So far it's looking to be 12-13 miles in length, depends on aspect and slope. We'll see. Why not, they're building a cyclocross course?

I think Hoodoo would be a pretty good location for a summer terrain park. Not alot of vertical, but the GM there is pretty open minded. They have better dirt too, not quite so silty and loamy as Bachelor.

Get organized and start hassling, I mean letting people know of your intentions. Throw together a PowerPoint of what other mountains are doing, crunching some numbers, costs, manhours, insurance....etc. I'd do it but I'm having a hard time juggling a full time job and full time school and a double-overtime relationship....

BTW, didn't you get the memo? Freeriding is ghey and Bend is flat.
    "I wrote a hit play! What have you ever done?!"

Have Ashtray, Will Travel....

Giant Bicycles Kick A$$
    Mar 2004
    we've been out at the canal jumps a whole lot this last few weeks and a lot of new faces have been showing up. we just need to get everyone together. central oregon freeriders or bend freeriders, what do you think would work best?

I CAN'T SPELL
    SO WHAT
    GET OVER IT

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantAC1
    we've been out at the canal jumps a whole lot this last few weeks and a lot of new faces have been showing up. we just need to get everyone together. central oregon freeriders or bend freeriders, what do you think would work best?
    Did you get permission from the land manager/owner before you started digging?
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Nat
    Solo contendre
    The word I heard is that the "new" trail area south of Century Dr. will be more free-ride or "big-hit" oriented. I think one route has already been marked out.

Giant Bicycles Kick A$$
    Mar 2004
    i don't know they have been their for about three years now. i started riding their about a year or so ago.

I CAN'T SPELL
    SO WHAT
    GET OVER IT

Giant Bicycles Kick A$$
    Mar 2004
    what are they by?

I CAN'T SPELL
    SO WHAT
    GET OVER IT

Nat
    Solo contendre
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantAC1
    what are they by?
    Still hearsay, but it's going to be a huge network similar in size to the current Phil's triangle area, but free-ridish, and will be across Century Dr. from Phil's at the Wanoga Sno-Park lot. At least that's what I read somewhere. It'll probably be a few years before it's ready.