mtbr member
    Mar 2005

This forum sucks.

Sorry for being such a downer -but there's too much mindless crap on this forum. Any of you Oregonians know of any local MTB forums. I live in Portland and just want to occasionally see what's going on locally. I'm Originally from Ashland/Medford area and don't know any other riders up here in Portland yet. Just want to meet locals in the sport/expert class and try to ride once in a while. Thanks for your input.

mtbr member

is there a whinery in P-town

Quote Originally Posted by hardtailfan
    Sorry for being such a downer -but there's too much mindless crap on this forum. Any of you Oregonians know of any local MTB forums. I live in Portland and just want to occasionally see what's going on locally. I'm Originally from Ashland/Medford area and don't know any other riders up here in Portland yet. Just want to meet locals in the sport/expert class and try to ride once in a while. Thanks for your input.
    let me guess;you hate the rain too...what do you consider mindless?the politickin or the whinin..I cant help you w/ the rain but if you dont mind drivin ,come down to eugene on the 21st of jan..it's a great trail system that has a way of separatin men from boys.....good luck on finding nice locals up in portland.....check out the all comers meat on the top of the oregon forum if you make there should 50+riers for you to hook up w/........hope that helped ?????? the GOOCH
    [SIZE=4]I'd rather be mountainbiking. [/SIZE]

meatier showers

I have to admit...

... the MTBR Oregon board is kinda lame.

Here are a couple links to the Disciples of Dirt out of Eugene:

Yahoo!Group (email list): http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/DisciplesOfDirt/

The DOD isn't lame. We ride all the time, do trailwork all the time, have a blast all the time. Don't miss Barbie Camp in early April and late October. Oh, and this month's All Comer's Meat on the 21st (see sticky thread at the top of this lame board).

There's also Salem's Merry Crankster's: http://www.merrycranksters.org/

--Sparty

Sorry for being such a downer -but ...
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Look up PUMP for the PDX area.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

What day are we riding?

Wow..

I see since this was your thrid post that you are going above and beyond to make this forum better.

You can't fix things from the cheap seats.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

This is my header

Sorry for being such a downer -but there's too much mindless crap on this forum.
    Seems you're trying to attract flies with vinegar rather than honey. But here's something from this "mindless crapper" to you: Look up PUMP, but also hook up with a local shop. I think it was Fat Tire Farm on Thurman (?) near Forest Park that does hammerhead rides. I connected with them one time when I was in PDX for the day, and did their night ride. Those guys were fast and strong! Sounds like what you're looking for.

And there will be pleny of hammerheads at the ACM. Also intermediate mashers, slackers, and just those out for the party. (I could be in any of these groups!) Hope to see you there!

Hey, Gooch, good header on your post!

Expert Pushing SSer

Idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Albee
    I think it was Fat Tire Farm on Thurman (?) near Forest Park that does hammerhead rides. I connected with them one time when I was in PDX for the day, and did their night ride. Those guys were fast and strong! Sounds like what you're looking for.
    Yep, meet at the FTF at 6 (rather, suit up by 6) on Thursdays. During the summer, winter, or whenever. Yes, they hammer. We did a 25 mile death march in 2 hours one summer night and I was tuckered out. Anyway, it is alays good to get out with a group and tool around.

Cheers.
    Tuff Schist

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Thank You.