mtbr member

Forest Park Conditions?

Looking to get out and spin for an hour or two this weekend - has Forest Park dried up any as of late?

T-Rex

mtbr member

better...

i rode through on leif erickson drive, over germantown, to the singletrack stuff and down to the 30 last Sunday. a few mud bogs in the perma-shade areas, but nothing crazy. it's been dry the last few days, as you know, so i expect it's better by now. enjoy.
    clicky-wrists

Expert Pushing SSer
    Quote Originally Posted by trexnfx
    Looking to get out and spin for an hour or two this weekend - has Forest Park dried up any as of late?

T-Rex
    Good question, and answer. I am doing a family (with some friends, their kids, and our 2.5 year old) chill ride there tomorrow. May see you out there.

Cheers.
    Tuff Schist

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by trexnfx

T-Rex
    You are better off with Powell Butte, I night rode their last night and Monday night and there is only one small bogged area and a two tree downs on the trail, but the SK was fast and primed. A great place to ride at night, due to not having to people dodge, only trees and animals. Call or e-mail if you want to ride there sometime at night, I have an extra light.

- Jon @ 503-312-3443.

mtbr member

Powell Butte

It sounds like you went down Pioneer Orchard Trail.The first downed tree is in about the perfect wrong place I thought.The second tree was just,oh well.The day before we went down the Cedar Grove Trail.It was,to my amazement,in very good shape.And only one tree in the way.I like this trail cause you can hit about 30 mph on it.It's just good practice and it's in my back yard.Yeh,I live at 160th and Powell.