mtbr member

Flagline - - - Snow Still???

Anyone been up to Flagline in the past day or two? I know that most of that ride is heavily shaded and wondering if and or how much snow is left?? Hopefully ridding in Sunday.

Thanks! Get out there cuz snow is a coming!

Keep Singletrack Single
    Our temps locally are quite mild. Hopefully the MELT is on!!! I am heading up there on Sunday as well. Doing North Fork, Metolius, Flagline, South Fork! Should be good by then!
    Phil's Trail Steward for COTA
    http://www.cotamtb.com
    Phil's Trail Facebook Page
    https://www.facebook.com/PhilsTrail

mtbr member
    I think we might be doing the same ride, or a variation on the down after Swampy. Rode it for the first time a few weeks ago and I think this snow is just what the trails need, the Flagline and South Fork were 4'' deep of silt. Such a good Ride! Enjoy!

Let's roll.
    Make it three. Buddy of mine and I are getting a drop off at dutchman. Can't wait. It's been a long time since the trails were sticky.
    Bend, Oregon. Proof you don't have to die to get to heaven.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Tried to ride out of Skyliner sno-park today. to much snow up Swede/rockless ridge. Got first tracks on Skyliner trail on a couple inches, fully rideable. Heli or whoops down is full on rippin trail. Flagline? good luck...

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Funner is snow free-ish and riding sweet. I think Swampy down will be good this weekend, trails will have snow but most off it seems to be off the "plow on through" variety.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Any updates?

Does anybody have an update on how low the snow is right now? I'm assuming that Flagline is under snow, if from nothing else, from the storms this week?

Thanks in advance,
    -Nate

Ya Darn Tootin'!
    Hey NateDogg.

A bunch of us from Eugene did the Dutchman to Bend ride via Flagline/SouthFork/Whoops to Phill's TH last Sunday and there was some frozen snow and a bit of hike-a-bike, but all in all.... totally do-able. Many tracks ahead of us. Plus we know the route.
    Key question is what you raised about the weather this past work week.
    Not sure.
    But it's 70 and sunny in Eugene today!
    Let us know how it goes if you make it over there! When that trail is good......it's good!
    -abe

mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Trails are in great shape!

Flagline was sweet! We shuttled, and rode from Bachelor to Bend (from Dutchman's Flat to the eastern C.O.D. TH, just outside of town).

The access trail from Dutchman's to Flagline was good to go the whole way. Once you turned right on Flagline there were about a half dozen (or so) short hike a bike sections due to snow (at least for me). This was only the case on the higher elevation stuff going, and was more predominant on the northern faces as you were descending. With that said, 90% of Flagline was in great shape. All the other trails were completely clear and in the best shape I've ever ridden them; the trails included Skyliners, Lower Woops, Ben's, Phil's, and the last part of C.O.D.

BTW, the weather was fantastic as well, mostly sunny and ~65 degrees both days. Not sure what the next round of storms will bring, so get out there!

-Nate

mtbr member
    Flagline is prime right now! Rode it sunday and was grinning the entire way. The COTA work on some corners is fantastic and greatly increased flow. (Support COTA) Get it well you can, cause it don't get much better!

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Rode flagline to Vista Tie, down ridge trail and then cruised over to Wanoga and Funner.
    All was rideable, and conditions were awesome (ie. NO DUST!).

Flagline is a bit chewed up from the lack of moisture this season, but overall still pretty good (just a little more use of the brakes than usual to scrub some speed before entering corners).

Some of the new stuff on funner is even funner than before!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCookie
    Rode flagline to Vista Tie, down ridge trail and then cruised over to Wanoga and Funner.
    All was rideable, and conditions were awesome (ie. NO DUST!).

Flagline is a bit chewed up from the lack of moisture this season, but overall still pretty good (just a little more use of the brakes than usual to scrub some speed before entering corners).

Some of the new stuff on funner is even funner than before!
    Thanks for the update Mr. Cookie. I will be sure get up there this weekend.

Happy trails.

BFE

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    There were only 2 patches of snow that required some dabbing to keep upright, and some sections for frozen dirt, but that's really it (aside from a couple of muddy patches).

I wonder how Paulina Rim is....

mtbr member
    The BBFT was out there last weekend, and from the pictures I have seen the Paulina rim trail is rideable.