MarkyMark

Smile First time in Bend

I just returned to the Bay Area from my first trip to Bend. Some of the people I ride with have been to Bend a few times and they spoke highly of the riding and beers.

I arrived Tuesday night and dropped by Deschutes Brewery for a beer and dinner.

Cogs Wild didn't have any organized rides going Wednesday so I got the 9am shuttle to Swampy. Three other guys (one from Wales, UK!) were going further up to do a DH run. My plan was to do a long XC ride and explore the area. I got about 58 miles, including the road burn back to Cogs Wild. Thanks to Perry and his friends for allowing me to tag along on M-W and giving me great advice on trails to ride.

Mountain Bike Ride Profile | Mountain Bike Ride in Bend, OR near Bend | Times and Records | Strava

I was checking out from my hotel Thursday AM so I had a shorter ride and self-shuttled to Wanoga. I went the wrong way on Tiddlywinks, but now I know. ;-)

Mountain Bike Ride Profile | Another Mountain Bike Ride in Bend, OR near Bend | Times and Records | Strava

I got really lucky with the weather. It was relatively cool and I got the benefits of the rain over the weekend.

Big thanks to COTA and the trail fairies for the super fun flowy, bermy trails! I'll be back and I'll bring my better half next time. I think she'll love Bend and it's trails.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the post! Glad you got out and explored and had fun. Trails were in great shape for sure.

And just think, you missed a lot of great trail. Didn't even touch wanoga!

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by sketchbook View Post
    Thanks for the post! Glad you got out and explored and had fun. Trails were in great shape for sure.

And just think, you missed a lot of great trail. Didn't even touch wanoga!
    Or Mrazek!

mtbr member
    Just to chime in here; my first trip there to bike was this Saturday. Did the Bachelor-Bend guided run with Cog Wild and 4 other people and had a blast. We covered 26mi of nearly all singletrack (the only exceptions were a gravel road hop from the bottom of Lower Whoops to the entrance to Phil's). Other routes we did up above those two I mentioned parenthetically included Flagline, South Fork, Skyliner. Already looking forward to the next trip.