mtbr member

First ride from Mt. Ashland

So this weekend we set out to practice the Super D course from Mt. Ashland. Now we've been in Ashland a while and figured there would be some snow to contend with, but probably 80% of the trail from the ski lodge to bull gap was covered in over a foot of snow. By the looks of the tracks in the snow, it seemed like we may have been only the second group to try and ride it. Didn't even bother making the big climb since there was most likely snow in the meadows. Once we hit the fire roads though there were no problems. Here's some pics at and near the top. All I can say is put it in a high gear and don't ride in the ruts

I'm in the middle on the shiny new bike.

This was about as thin as the snow got.

www.kdrv.com to find coverage on local races and events

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    SOFA and Bill of Ashland Mountain Adventures are planning a work day up there on Sunday June 1st in preps for the Super D... If you're interested, RSVP with Bill so he has room. (You can ride down if you want...) They want people at their office on Mistletoe at 8 a.m. sharp. Lunch at the office to follow...
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    The internet sounds like a tough place to ride.

mtbr member
    I might look into that if work doesn't get in the way. Hell last year myself and two teammates took rakes and groomed all of bull gap so I got no problem with getting out and working the trails.
    www.kdrv.com to find coverage on local races and events

Members who have read this thread: 0