mtbr member
    Jun 2013

A few details for Riverview, Lake Oswego/Portland, OR

Since the web is lacking info on the up and coming Riverview area, I thought I'd spend a little time putting some together for you all. I will work on gathering more GPS data on the trails soon and post up a nice map. Stay tuned.

Riverview Mountain Bike/Natural Area Lake Oswego/Portland, Oregon - YouTube

~Enjoy

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    That's great, thanks for posting!

Metalheadbikerider
    Thanks hookster. I am going to use your video in a story in the upcoming NWTA newsletter. Cheers!
    Support mtb'ing in the Portland area, join NWTA with your dollars, hands, and/or voice. nw-trail.org

mtbr member
    It's lacking for a reason - we DON'T WANT publicity! The more you promote it, the sooner the Parks system will close it to bikes. Mark my words! I wish to god it would have stayed private!!!

Have FUN!

G MAN
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

Metalheadbikerider
    Parks officially opened it to bikes. The PAC to decide what to do with the property, in terms of trails, begins soon. IMO, people biking responsibly on the property is a good thing at this point. Mtb'ers have put in over 400 hours of volunteer work on the property in the last year or so. We have good standing with Parks at this point.
    Support mtb'ing in the Portland area, join NWTA with your dollars, hands, and/or voice. nw-trail.org

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Thanks Hookster.....I only live a couple miles up the road. I REALLY hope this place can flourish.....

mtbr member
    I applaud your efforts free-agent. The problem, as you know, is erosion. The place doesn't drain well at all; takes a good week to dry out after even small rains like what we have now. I'm certain that biking responsibly there is simply NOT going to happen the more and more it gets discovered. Parks will eventually pull the biking status after enough trail damage is done.
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

I got nothin'

Feeling Positive about Riverview

Well, the PP&R is beginning the planning process for Riverview, so don't expect any real changes for awhile until the plans gets created and adopted by Mayor and Council. In the meantime, we all need to be responsible as any other 'citizen' or park user should be. It's a great place to get a little something when you don't have the time to drive to a trailhead in the woods.

Honestly, I think the biggest immediate problems out there are the homeless encampments and the high school drinking/drug parties. Dam kids (grumpy old man voice) leaving their beer cans and trash after they party it up. I think we, as MTBers, as a presence in the Park, can help with that. It's been shown effective many times before all over the country.

There are MTBers on the Public Advisory Committee that will help steer the master plan. We (MTBers) have a voice. I think there will have to be some important rerouting of trails to make sections more sustainable and fun. There has been some great work already happening on the ground that has been led by Parks and supported by NWTA. Thanks Free Agent for your work!

Have fun out there, but remember, it's a Park open to other users. Be responsible and courteous. I have not had a negative experience out there with other users and I hope it stays that way.
    I ride at ludicrous speed

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hookster View Post
    Since the web is lacking info on the up and coming Riverview area, I thought I'd spend a little time putting some together for you all. I will work on gathering more GPS data on the trails soon and post up a nice map. Stay tuned.

Riverview Mountain Bike/Natural Area Lake Oswego/Portland, Oregon - YouTube

~Enjoy
    "This video is private", says YouTube.
    free-flowing meat waves of possibility...