mtbr member

Euphoria Ridge Trail?

Does anyone know anything about this trail off Hwy 42 between Winston and Coquille? I'd like some details and pictures if you can help. Is it worth hauling my bike with me next time I'm in that neighborhood? SS friendly or should I bring the FS bike? Length? Vertical gain? Condition?

Thanks
    Happy Trails
    Jolly

mtbr member
    I've driven by there countless times on the way over to the coast and have always wanted to check it out myself. The problem is I've never been able to find anyone that knows the trails and any info that I've been able to find is pretty slim http://tinyurl.com/yauvcdc The map makes it look as though there are only a few ribbons of singletrack all connected by gravel roads. It might be worth a side trip to at least scout it out next time you're in the neighborhood. Give me an advance heads-up if you want someone to join you Jolly.

mtbr member
    Hey, I was thinking of heading down your way the last weekend of March and doing part of the N.U.T. You gonna be around?
    Happy Trails
    Jolly

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I found it last fall. Didn't get a chance to put a tire on it though. I was headed over to the coast and had found some info online about it. Thought, I'll just head over and sleep at the trail head, ride, then continue to Reedsport where I was staying. I get over to the area at dusk and was unable to find a "trail head" or any camp ground. I did find where the trail split off of the road, way up in the hills. I believe it was marked with a pink arrow or something that said, "trail" but no info on where in the trail I was.

I've read that a lot of it is overgrown and I would think that this time of year, it really needs cleared. But, like I said, never got a chance to ride it. I didn't have time to explore. I was thinking actual TH with a map and maybe a couple signs. Never found one.

I think someone on the trail reviews or something, said email them if you are going to ride, and they would be a guide. Sounds like the best plan....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jollybeggar
    Hey, I was thinking of heading down your way the last weekend of March and doing part of the N.U.T. You gonna be around?
    Yup. Let's make it an all day epic. Let me know when you're headed over this way and I'll put it on the calendar.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ormtbr
    Yup. Let's make it an all day epic. Let me know when you're headed over this way and I'll put it on the calendar.
    All day maybe, "epic" is every ride I survive. At this point I'm thinking March 28th, maybe an out&back on a lower portion of the trail.

We'll see.
    Happy Trails
    Jolly

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jollybeggar
    All day maybe, "epic" is every ride I survive. At this point I'm thinking March 28th, maybe an out&back on a lower portion of the trail.

We'll see.
    Got it down. An out-n-back on the Tioga should fit the bill and at a slow boyz pace it may take all day!

mtbr member
    I've seen a little green sign on hwy 42 marking the road to the trail, so there's enough use to warrant signage. However, the trails in this area and over towards the coast don't get much use and tend to be messy, unless the moto/ATVers frequent the trails. Give us a ride report after your visit.

mtbr member
    Not only signage but a bike trail sign taboot, only reason I even spotted the place. Since my daughter is living in Winston I'll be checking this trail on one of my visits this summer. I'll post when I know something.
    Happy Trails
    Jolly

mtbr member
    Hack left a link to a different set of trails than Euphoria Ridge. However, the same website has a link to Euphoria Ridge. Just clike on "biking trails".

http://www.coostrails.com/

mtbr member
    I've checked out the CoosTrails link and it has as good a description of the trails as I think you'll find. I think it's gonna take a ride too see if this trail is any good. Unless someone with first hand current knowledge chimes in.
    Happy Trails
    Jolly

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bluestatevirgin
    Hack left a link to a different set of trails than Euphoria Ridge. However, the same website has a link to Euphoria Ridge. Just clike on "biking trails".

http://www.coostrails.com/
    I get confused sometimes

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    This trail system is alive and well and is certainly worth a trip off hwy 42 if you are passing through. You can email me for an up-to-date map and (perhaps) a guide. It is not well signed at all which helps keep Motos off but with a good map its no trouble finding all the trailheads. There is some sweet singletrack and I ride singlespeed but there is a pretty substantial climb to start the ride off. Come ride it!

tristanhuff at gmail dot com
    Hayduke holds his foaming can of beer in one hand, the other five cans-bound together by a plastic collar- in the other hand. What to do? In order to function he must put down the beer. But in order to function he has to drink the beer. A cruel bind.