mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Eugene Bike shops

Going to Eugene later on this month, looking for a good mountain bike shop to support, keep me going. What shop should I be checking out? I hear Collins is the Mountain bike and Pauls is commuter and road? Thanks,

Tree Hugger
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry87
    Going to Eugene later on this month, looking for a good mountain bike shop to support, keep me going. What shop should I be checking out? I hear Collins is the Mountain bike and Pauls is commuter and road? Thanks,
    Not really, Paul's has 4 locations, and only one is really MTB oriented, but 3 of the 4 shops stock most typical parts, and all their shops have great mechanics that can handle normal problems. Collins is cool, more focused on BMX, and free ride, while Paul's at 5th Street is pretty focused on MTB. Avoid Hutch's unless you like snobby roadie attitude. Wheel Works is pretty good, but carries mainly boutique brands and cheap hybrid bikes. Revolution cycles is a great neighborhood shop in the Whitaker aarea near downtown. They specialize in used, and classic stuff, but are wizards as mechanics and can rig up some cool stuff if you need an out of the box solution.

Also, in Oakridge (where all the best trails are) is Willamette Mtn Mercantile, a great little shop run by cool folks who really care about Mountain biking. They dont have a huge stock of parts, but can help with last minute probems, or any repairs needed.

Try to hook up with the Disciples of Dirt if you want to find the best trails. See the link in my signature.
    I love mankind - it's people I can't stand. ~Charles M. Schulz

Making fat cool since '71
    The Squatcher put it pretty clearly. Wheelworks and Paul's are the two in town to deal with for bits and fixes. They both stock lots of stuff. Wheelworks has lots of bits in stock you just may not see it on a shelf. Avoid Hutch's. Ride well.

Brock...
    Are the wheels roundish? Ride it.

Disciples Of Dirt, come ride with us.

mtbr member

Eugene shops

Paul's on 5th street is my favorite, they go above and beyond the call. Collins is the worst, if you're not buying a new bike TODAY they would rather not deal with you. At least that's been my experience.

-c

meatier showers

Hey now, if you can't say something nice................

...............then say it about Collins.

--Sparty

Quote Originally Posted by chrisdabiker
    Paul's on 5th street is my favorite, they go above and beyond the call. Collins is the worst, if you're not buying a new bike TODAY they would rather not deal with you. At least that's been my experience.

-c
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas