Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Eugene area trails for cyclocross bikes?

942 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  shiggy 
#1 ·
Barny and I will be down in Eugene this coming week and will be bringing our CX bikes with both knobby and road tires. We will probably ride the road when things are somewhat dry, but I would love a couple of suggestions for buff singletrack we could do CX. We will have access to a car, so it does not have to be right in town, but within an hour's drive would be nice. We're not afraid of climbing. Not really looking for gravel grinders on logging roads though. McKenzie R Trail? It's been like a million years since I was last on trails around Eugene, so you may need to be a little specific about where the trail is (a link to a map or description would be superb). Or a link to a thread if this has been covered, of course. 15-25 miles would be nice.

TIA gentle folks.

#3 ·
Good suggestion, especially as we are staying up on Crest Dr and can pop out the Loraine Hwy easily.

I found directions to the trailhead, but nothing other than very vague statements about the nature of the route (loop, out and back, point to point, combo of options?) and a few references to no trail map existing. Does anyone have even a napkin sketch of the trail system?

Are sections of the Mckenzie trail good on a CX bike?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.