Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    slower than you
    Reputation: ratspike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    98

    Eugene area ACM warmup ride Friday?

    I'm really antsy to get my vacation underway so I was thinking about heading to Eugene Thursday night/early Friday and getting a nice ride in somewhere, then hanging out and enjoying not having work to do. What's ridable down there? Should I head over to Oakridge or...?
    Dog is my copilot

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mudflaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,140
    I drove down the McKenzie from Hoodoo Saturday, and the entirety of MRT was in the snow zone. Perhaps Randy, or Wreckless, can give the Oakridge conditions report, but I suspect that all but the lowest elevation trails will be under snow.

    Whypass is the only area right now that I would be confident that is 'mostly' snow free. There were just a few spots of snow out there Sunday, but it got colder and precipitated today, so that could mean some snow at the higher parts, but it doesn't often stay long out there.

    Flaps

    Flaps


  3. #3
    meatier showers
    Reputation: Sparticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Posts
    7,330
    If I had Friday off I'd show you around Whypass, but unfortunately I don't.

    So I'll show you around Whypass on Saturday.

    --Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

    Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

  4. #4
    slower than you
    Reputation: ratspike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    98



    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus
    If I had Friday off I'd show you around Whypass, but unfortunately I don't.

    So I'll show you around Whypass on Saturday.

    --Sparty
    Dog is my copilot

  5. #5
    Known Mountainbiker
    Reputation: cazloco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    874
    Yeah, get a hold of the Oakridge folks that Flaps speaks of.

    We were on a river trail this weekend that took us over 2500ft and we didn't have any snow issues. T'was b-e-a-utiful. I'm sure you already viewed that thread.

    caz
    I am a Mountain Biker therefore I am late

  6. #6
    meatier showers
    Reputation: Sparticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Posts
    7,330
    Quote Originally Posted by cazloco
    Yeah, get a hold of the Oakridge folks that Flaps speaks of.

    We were on a river trail this weekend that took us over 2500ft and we didn't have any snow issues. T'was b-e-a-utiful. I'm sure you already viewed that thread.

    caz
    Hey ratspike, you ought to ride the trail that cazloco speaks of. She's a sweetie.

    --Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

    Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

  7. #7
    slower than you
    Reputation: ratspike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    98
    Not sure if I caught that thread or not. Wanna help a brother out and hook me up with some info on this trail?

    Quote Originally Posted by cazloco
    Yeah, get a hold of the Oakridge folks that Flaps speaks of.

    We were on a river trail this weekend that took us over 2500ft and we didn't have any snow issues. T'was b-e-a-utiful. I'm sure you already viewed that thread.

    caz
    Dog is my copilot

  8. #8
    Tree Hugger
    Reputation: Sasquatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,934
    Quote Originally Posted by ratspike
    Not sure if I caught that thread or not. Wanna help a brother out and hook me up with some info on this trail?

    Private message sent with trail info.
    I love mankind - it's people I can't stand. ~Charles M. Schulz

  9. #9
    Known Mountainbiker
    Reputation: cazloco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    874
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus
    Hey ratspike, you ought to ride the trail that cazloco speaks of. She's a sweetie.

    --Sparty


    Caz

    P.S.
    I am a Mountain Biker therefore I am late

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •