mtbr member

Epic dh/fr trail spots??

Thinking about movin to Or and was wondering where some good dh/fr trails are?Or are close to what town.I lived in Eugene for about 1 1/2 yrs but I was only riding a 20in back then so I only hit up the skate parks but I moved on to bigger and better things now lol.I live in Az and ride some sick trails and am hoping to find some in Or so if ya'll can help out it would be greatly appreciated
    SixSixOne,Hayes,Azonic,Steel Optics,Oneal,Manitou,Sun Ringle,Tag Metals,Sunline
    work to live,live to ride

mtbr member
    The two biggest fr/dh places that come to mind first are Black Rock in Falls City (by Salem) and Post Canyon in Hood River. I haven't been to Post Canyon yet, but I go to Black Rock once in a while and it's great! They have everything you could ever want. From easier trails for the more timid kind (like me), to things that would scare the bejeezus out of most folks. The best part is that it's completely legal and they maintain it very well. I was out there last saturday, after it rained quite a bit that week, and the trails were perfect! Black Rock is a 30 min drive from Albany, so it's pretty close to the I-5 corridor. Also right out of Corvallis is Mary's Peak which is a pretty good DH, although I'd say It's more "All mountain", but very rough going. Just be courteous of the hikers on the trail. It's shuttle-able, but I'd recommend riding from the bottom up, then heading down, because it's a lengthy shuttle. Super fun trail though, with lots of big root balls and such. Lots of good riding here. We have just about everything you could ever want.

Top of black rock last saturday

Mary's Peak

here's some more info on black rock for you: http://brmba.org/index.php
    It's a good time for good times

meatier showers
    Oregon offers great XC riding.

--Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

mtbr member
    The WTF is currently in the infantsy stages of a DH/FR trail system in the Tillamook. From what I understand, it will dwarf Post Canyon and Black Rock put together.
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

mtbr member
    black rock looks pretty sweet..looks alot smoother than the trails here in az..thanks for the info guys keep it comin...wanna hit some knar trails when we get there..what about the racing scene up there? hows that?

Formerly of Kent
    Quote Originally Posted by toylxl2
    black rock looks pretty sweet..looks alot smoother than the trails here in az..thanks for the info guys keep it comin...wanna hit some knar trails when we get there..what about the racing scene up there? hows that?
    Racing scene for DH is mainly the Ashland Super D, the Fluidride DH series in OR/WA and the Hood River Super D.

In both of the Super D races, expect to get the wood laid to you by pro XC racers on 5-6" bikes.

Making fat cool since '71
    The DH racing scene here is pretty small (I don't race any more...have not for 4 years...don't want to, but like watching) but the group seems to still be pretty core and committed. It's tighter and more well established out of Salem/Portland. Buds that race have good things to say about Ashland. Willamette Pass keeps trying to be something on the scene, but...well, but...

As far as the terrain here V. AZ, we have *nothing* as continuously rocky as the average stuff around South Mt. Certainly there's a rocky section here and there, but they are short and have nothing on the steep, rocky, ledgy stuff down your way. Our riding is awesome, but different.

BlackRock and Post kick a$$ and there's a few things in the works as mentioned (stoked to hear about the scope of the tilly stuff; didn't know it's to be that big/grand)...even some (far off...) stuff in the south Willy Valley...(far off...).

Brock...
    Are the wheels roundish? Ride it.

Disciples Of Dirt, come ride with us.

I got nothin'

Hope Tilly DH

Most of the Tilly stuff in the planning and scouting stages at this time. One of the trails is already done but I don't think it's officially open yet. I'd have to check on that.

What I do know is that a buddy of mine that is on the Tillamook Recreation Advisory Committee said he basically got his a$$ handed to him the first time he rode it on his 5" bike with the construction crew. Very steep and fast. I will say this, there is a very dedicated crew at WTF working on getting things rolling out there...stay tuned!

I have been working with ODF, as much as possible, to come up with more opportunities for trails not only in Tillamook, but other state forests as well. Unfortunalty, we are currently back tracking with the current budget situation and now working to find ways to keep and maintain what we have while trying to get new goods built. I think the DH choices will expand in the future with the current pent-up demand.

I might have to get off my ridgid SS and get a big bike someday
    I ride at ludicrous speed

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrogeek
    Most of the Tilly stuff in the planning and scouting stages at this time. One of the trails is already done but I don't think it's officially open yet. I'd have to check on that
    yes it is and shhh

mtbr member
    kinda o/t but whats finding work like up there say by albany/salem areas.Down here in az I own a residential construction company that was doing great last year but plunged at the beginning of this year..finding work has never really been hard for me but seeing as how we would be moving to another state I gotta kinda work on finding some lol..I watched some of the black rock vids and I cant wait to ride up there..