mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Endangered Trails (yours could be next)

If your Government takes Colorado's trails, expect yours to be next.
    My favorite group of Colorado 29er trails our being ripped-off by your Government. Even if you don't live in or near Colorado, please help us save some great mountain trails.

Take action ASAP
    Cherished Durango Singletrack Jeopardized by New Management Plan

Your support is needed to protect valuable singletrack in one of Colorado's largest roadless areas, West Hermosa Creek. A new management plan for public lands outside Durango, Colorado, includes a proposal to close access to the famous Colorado Trail and several other cherished routes. Local riders are proposing a common sense solution that would protect natural resources and bicycle access.

Take Action! Tell the Forest Service you support bicycle-friendly protection of Durango's West Hermosa Creek. The deadline for comments is March 12, 2008.

LT-5
    Oct 2005

got links?

Being lazy and all - but still wanting to comment - I was wondering if you had links to the FS website and page for commenting on the said management plan? It is important for mountain bikers to stay on top of these issues if we want places to ride!

Singletrack Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Sourdough
    Being lazy and all - but still wanting to comment - I was wondering if you had links to the FS website and page for commenting on the said management plan? It is important for mountain bikers to stay on top of these issues if we want places to ride!
    San Juan Lands Center Draft Land Management Plan and
    Draft Environmental Impact Statement

Comments

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

We are losing trails up here

We lost Whoo De trail here in Hood River to logging. It still exists but it sucks now. We also lost some of the best parts of Larch Mountain in SW Washington to logging. The politicians keep threatening to stop riding in the Mt Hood area. I know of no new trails in my area; we just lose more. But, they can't stop me from poaching at night with lights

Jaybo