Afric Pepperbird

Is Edison-Lava clear?

I'm thinking about heading out there tomorrow. Has it been cleared? The COTA site has it as yellow, but that may not be quite up to date.

Thanks in advance.

Keep Singletrack Single
    Quote Originally Posted by dirt farmer View Post
    I'm thinking about heading out there tomorrow. Has it been cleared? The COTA site has it as yellow, but that may not be quite up to date.

Thanks in advance.
    Yes. Cleared for the HC 100. Hit it!!!
    Phil's Trail Steward for COTA
    http://www.cotamtb.com
    Phil's Trail Facebook Page
    https://www.facebook.com/PhilsTrail

Afric Pepperbird
    Thanks, willem!

I decided against it today, as I wasn't in the mood for the several miles of chewed-up, trashed ATV tracks.

I am, however, thinking of doing the Charlton-Lemish Loop very soon. It'll be my first time in a few years, as it's never cleared. Do mine eyes deceive me, in the trail being marked green on the COTA site? Can this really be true?? Can anyone confirm this?

please, just ride
    True.
    BUILD,RIDE,REPEAT.
    Support COTA and your Local Brewery

mtbr member
    Edison lava trail is one of the best trails around in my opinion. Some of the longest downhills you will find around here. Giant old growth trees, lakes, techy lava. It's great! I wouldn't call it chewed up at all. Rides great.

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008
    I think the descent into Lava Lake is awesome and climb up Lava Mountain or whatever it is called is tough but fun enough. The descent into Edison is pure garbage: double track and loose with lava

Afric Pepperbird
    Quote Originally Posted by sketchbook View Post
    Edison lava trail is one of the best trails around in my opinion. Some of the longest downhills you will find around here. Giant old growth trees, lakes, techy lava. It's great! I wouldn't call it chewed up at all. Rides great.
    Yes, I've done it several time before; it is a great ride, IMO. But this time of year, the eastern section, where the ATV trails head off to Kwohl or Sheridan Buttes, gets very chewed up.

I'll hit it after our next big rain.

Keep Singletrack Single
    Quote Originally Posted by dirt farmer View Post
    Yes, I've done it several time before; it is a great ride, IMO. But this time of year, the eastern section, where the ATV trails head off to Kwohl or Sheridan Buttes, gets very chewed up.

I'll hit it after our next big rain.
    I prefer the trail riding West to East..... Usually ride MW around Bachy and then hit Edison Lava... Much nicer.
    Phil's Trail Steward for COTA
    http://www.cotamtb.com
    Phil's Trail Facebook Page
    https://www.facebook.com/PhilsTrail

Afric Pepperbird
    Just did the Charlton-Lemish Lakes Loop for the first time in three years I started at the Little Cultus Lake boat ramp, from which the 2 mile dirt road ride is an excellent warm up.

I always prefer clockwise on this terrific ride.

Other than that impossible-for-mere-mortals half mile section just south of Charlton Lake, it's a sublime ride.

Get it soon before the snow hits!