Thread: Echo Info?

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Echo Info?

I've heard of riding experience @ Echo, OR, or nearby. Research has not uncovered a pedal stroke of info. What might you be willing to share?
    Thanks

FKA Malibu412
    Get in touch with Echo Bike and Board at (541) 376-8500. They are involved in trail building around Echo and are the promoters of the Echo Red to Red Race each Spring. They can give you the 411 on the trails there.

A little info here: Echo Hills Vinyard Mtb Trail System Mountain Bike Trail in Echo Oregon, Oregon || SINGLETRACKS.COM
    Everything that kills me, makes me feel alive

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008
    I have raced and ridden there a lot because my parents lived up there. It is not worth a long drive but a good local trail system. If you like desert riding with some ups and downs it is great. Some good and flowy riding....

Echo Red to Red is a great race.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Great place for a little winter/spring sunny desert riding, but not worth a vacation. Just head out on saturday, do a lap, stay the night, and do another lap and come home Sunday. Also, stop in at the winery and thank them or buy a bottle. The owners host the trail system and are great people.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    used this link to find the trails.

Trails of the Blue Mountain Singletrack Trails Club

Was out there last weekend. Fun ride, nothing hard, but enjoyable. There are several "trails" that are only marked by red flags (not fully built) and I found those most fun. Did all the major trail loops and several of the red flagged ones and had a great time. I would not make a special trip. Also go the snow road winery in town and pick up a couple of bottles. mmmm goodness post ride.

mtbr member
    any jump lines?

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    no, mainly XC, there are a couple of jumps out there but nothing an XC bike can't handle. A long travel bike would be a bit much out there.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Thanks all for info. It will be just another stop on my odyssey.
    Phone number for bike shop doesn't connect to a person. I called several days ago and listened to the voice mail stating they would be open Oct 12.

I just wanna ride my bike
    Quote Originally Posted by thorkild View Post
    Great place for a little winter/spring sunny desert riding, but not worth a vacation.
    Agree that Echo on it's own is not a vacation destination but a good place for early or late season riding (especially for those living on the wet coast). We did the Echo trails this past Easter in combo with visiting friends and riding trails in Yakima and TriCities along with a good dose of wine and beer tasting