Thread: Dutchman/Phil's

mtbr member
    Nov 2008

Dutchman/Phil's

Getting ready to head over to Bend for 5 days of riding and while I've raced quite a bit over there, I really haven't explored the vast majority of trail awesomeness.

So my question is that after looking at the COTA map it appears fairly easy to connect (via a shuttle) the trail segments from Dutchman Flats down through Fairwell, to Skyline and into the Phil's network, sooooo, is it as easy as it appears on the map or are there any tricky intersections to watch out for?

Thanks

please, just ride
    It's so easy a roadie could find his way! Honestly, you can't get too lost regardless. Use your map, and a sense of adventure and Go!

Nat
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nwroadie
    Getting ready to head over to Bend for 5 days of riding and while I've raced quite a bit over there, I really haven't explored the vast majority of trail awesomeness.

So my question is that after looking at the COTA map it appears fairly easy to connect (via a shuttle) the trail segments from Dutchman Flats down through Fairwell, to Skyline and into the Phil's network, sooooo, is it as easy as it appears on the map or are there any tricky intersections to watch out for?

Thanks
    At the top of Flagline Access (the trail from Dutchman up to Metolius/Windigo) there are a couple of tricky intersections, so have your map on you.

- At the first intersection do not take the right turn to Flagline

- At the second intersection do not take the left to Todd Horse Camp.

- At the third intersection go straight through on Met/Win.

- Once you start descending Mrazek, the turn onto Farewell is in the trees so be paying attention lest you blaze right past it.

Members who have read this thread: 0