mtbr member
    Aug 2009

Dirtbikes ripping up Shellburg Falls trails

Dosn't look like many on here ride this area but I frequent it because it is close to home. If you do happen to be in the area be on the lookout for a beat up marron chevy longbed truck. They have been ripping up the trails on dirtbikes They had no spark arresters and no off road tags. I wouldn't doubt that they do not have atvoregon cards either(as is law if you are under 16 now). Two of the bikes were red, one was white. Two hikers I talked to had called it in.

This is kind of a sensitive area since many of the trails are in logging areas. If you ride from the bottom you have to pass through a mile or so of private land. I am sure the land owners would be unhappy about this. There is also a fledgeling freeride park at the top with soon to be 2 downhill trails and a skills area.

VP/ Terrain Designer
    I have been visiting the shellberg falls area since before there were bike trails out there; its a shame that dumb rednecks have screw up the trails.
    Braun Enterprises LLC, Building Cool Stuff

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    i ride there every weekend almost and i know who you are talking about, well i dont know them but i did catch them at the top gate with the gate open so i know that they have a key, who would be giving this out? i watched them lock it back up when i was unloading at the top gate where my mom dropped me off at, i've seen them there once before too, they seem to like to park at the FR area #2 mostly with the fire pit and the leantoo.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    MDSC has a key to the gate, they may be leaving it unlocked at times or it could be ODF when they go maintain the park. MDSC have started building again for this year and have been up there recently(I need to call and see if they want help). If you have seen the dirtbike riders please take down a discription of the bikes and plate number if you can and call ODF feild office 503-859-2151. When I called monday they had already gotten several calls and someone had turned in a plate number of the guys truck.

mtbr member
    i was up there two sundays ago and there were four dirt bike riders inside the gates which were both locked.two of the riders were adults and two were under the age of twelve.i was able to stop them and told the adults that they were in a resticted area this time of year.they claimed ignorance,begged forgiveness and turned around and headed towards the top gate.no sign of a maroon pickup. so few will ruin it for so many!