mtbr member

Day trip to Bend

Will be coming over to Bend on business on Saturday morning.Would like some suggestions on trails for the middle to late afternoon. Not too crowded,intermediate to advanced in every aspect and maybe a little scenery would be nice.I was checking out a few trails on the "trails" web site and Skyliner Loop caught my eye.Also,where is a good place to get a map and a good place to get some post ride grub and brew? All comments and suggestions much appreciated. Thank you

please, just ride
    North Fork /Met Win/ Flagline/ South Fork. 3.5 to 4 hours of the best Bend has to offer in my opinion. Nice climb, incredible scenery, fun descent, not horribly crowded. Have fun, buy a map at any LBS and eat at Super Burrito when you are done. CD

mtbr member
    MMM Super Burrito.

Then walk to deshutes or bend brewing for a beer.

it means 'no problem'
    Oct 2008
    Although not a brewery per-se Brother Jon's pub has got it going ON. On Galveston.

Agree with Seedy. That's the loop we anticipate all year.

Have a fun trip and make sure the "play" is more than the "business"
    "“May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view." - Edward Abbey

mtbr member
    May 2004

+ whatever we're at by now...

And, "Brother John's? Is 10 Barrels already passe'?

Mahi Mahi burrito at Bend Brewing with a seasonal. Or, build yer own at Parrilla at the chicken Roundabout on Galveston as well. Do they still have Margaritas by the pitcher? Mmmmmm.

mtbr member
    Thank you to everyone and your suggestions.As usual,buisness went longer than anticipated and we ended up going over to Phils Trail and did a quick 18 miles before dark! Didnt stop to eat! Way too tired and just wanted to get back home! I do want to give a special shout out to a young man by the name of John. Didnt get his last name but he was riding a big,bright orange Kona Dawg.My buddy and I were having a little trouble with the map and the trail markers and he stopped and helped us out and showed us around! Had a great time and enjoyed the trails.It was a great change from what we normally ride here in the "valley" I will be back very soon! Gotta try the local grub and brew! Thanks again!

Members who have read this thread: 0