mtbr member

CX Riding in Bend/Redmond/Sisters area

I'm looking for a 3hr ride on the cross bike. Any recommendations? Maybe a gravel tour or old FS roads. Some buff single track would be awesome too. I know there are thousands of dirt/gravel roads in Sisters for example...I'm just looking for some wisdom to make the best of it.

mtbr member
    Hello Niles - Bend is replete with amazing single-track and plenty of FSR too. If you park out at Phil's T.H. you can access lots of Forest Roads. In relation to Sisters, you can park at the bottom of Peterson Ridge Trail and work your way up the single/double track as it leads to copious FSR too. Hope this helps....
    jjMarS

Nat
    Solo contendre
    I haven't participated in years but I recall some fine country roads, both paved and dirt.

https://www.facebook.com/events/3567...7458976700116/

mtbr member
    Thanks for the route advice. If you've got specific roads or trails you suggest, keep em coming. I ended up going to Sisters around pole creek and picking my way through side roads. It was fun, and beautiful, but disjointed. Some of the roads were super rough and rocky, so downhills were a bit slow on the cx bike. It would have been a ton of fun on the Mtb.

Nat
    Solo contendre
    The Brooks-Scanlon logging road connects Bend and Sisters, but it's pretty rocky.

Sisters to Bend via FS 370 would be epic but I think it might be too late in the year for that due to the elevation.

I explored the FS roads south of the Wanoga sno park this summer on foot. You could link up some nice loops on the bike there. Bring your map and gps if you have it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Some great singletrack routes I do on my cross bike include;

12.5 mile loop...from Rd 41, up Storm King & tiddlywinks, across Larson, join Tylers Traverse back to Rd 41.

15 mile loop from Phils trailhead, up Bens to Rd 300, over to Phils, join Kents back to trailhead.

From Skyliners Rd / Rd 4606 intersection, out Skyliners Rd, up Rd 4601, join Mrazek back down to Rd 4606, back to car.

Lower Phils, Maston, Peterson ride are all good on a cross bike...have fun!

B42
    mtbr member

CX Riding in Bend/Redmond/Sisters area

Just rode Maston for the first time today and was thinking it might be good for a cross bike. The only problem I would see is going through the sand in some areas, but maybe that's a good thing. Not much climbing or decent. In 15.5 miles we only climbed 400 something feet.
    ## Every time I cheat death it reinforces the adolescent belief that I'm invincible. ##