Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by xDennisLuix View Post
    Looking to ride someplace other than Black Rock or Syncline this coming weekend. Anyone have info on...

5. Post Canyon - Would it be rideable starting from Kingsley Reservoir going down to Family Man or Post Canyon Rd?

Thanks!

Thanks!
    I rode up Post Canyon road to the Post Flats staging area on my cross bike today. Two weeks ago I couldn't get half that far before I was turned back by snow. No snow at all now. From Post Flats, there seemed to be very little snow in the higher elevations (at least what is visible from there). That said, a couple days ago a friend's orchard up on Riordan Road was still covered in snow. So, I would not be surprised if there is still some snow up near Kingsley. You will probably see some downed trees up there too.

All of the Eight Track, The Boot and Twin Peaks stuff should be pretty good to go though.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    I hit up Syncline about two days ago, it was, as always, perfect, Little Maui(my 1st time on the area, love the water falls!) had some "Hero Dirt" going on, the new(?) re-routs are looking good from what I could tell, Need to get back up there soon! And I need to find "Hidden Canyon" (oh the irony there) I have never rode it.

Sassy!

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    1. Gales Creek, specifically the section that goes to Reeher's Camp.
    2. Tarbell/Cold Creek
    3. Siouxon Creek
    4. Wilson River Trail - I know it'll be rideable, but how any downed trees, blowdown, etc.
    5. Post Canyon - Would it be rideable starting from Kingsley Reservoir going down to Family Man or Post Canyon Rd?
    1) Rode from Rehers a few weeks ago, snow was pretty low, but trail was primo. Probably can't get to the top of the ridge, but I would imagine you could get close.
    2) Being riding there a lot. Cold Creek was clear up to 5 corners (the big clear cut above the last bridge). Bells mtn is clear all the way, and last weekend I rode from Cold Creek to Tarbel Day use. Best shape I have seen that section in years.
    4) Rode from Jones Day Use East to top of the ridge, all good, then back west all the way to the gravel road before the last big climb. All clear that way too. Trail is supposedly closed after that road to the top of the ridge.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by pdccx View Post
    1) Rode from Rehers a few weeks ago, snow was pretty low, but trail was primo. Probably can't get to the top of the ridge, but I would imagine you could get close.
    2) Being riding there a lot. Cold Creek was clear up to 5 corners (the big clear cut above the last bridge). Bells mtn is clear all the way, and last weekend I rode from Cold Creek to Tarbel Day use. Best shape I have seen that section in years.
    4) Rode from Jones Day Use East to top of the ridge, all good, then back west all the way to the gravel road before the last big climb. All clear that way too. Trail is supposedly closed after that road to the top of the ridge.
    Thanks for the great response! Now, a couple of follow up questions.

1. Is 5 Corners before or after the rocky section on Tarbell with the picnic table? I think that section is called Flintstone.

2. From Reeher's, were you able to take the trail all the way to Bell Camp Rd?

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    1. Is 5 Corners before or after the rocky section on Tarbell with the picnic table? I think that section is called Flintstone.

2. From Reeher's, were you able to take the trail all the way to Bell Camp Rd?
    No problem. In short to both questions - no, not even close. For Tarbell -really cold creek - 5 corners is the big clear cut you ride through after corssing the last bridge. It climbs a bit more back in the forest before the picnic table. But since it has been warmer lately I woul dbet you can get above the 5 cormers cut but probably not to flintstone. As for Rehers, I was there when snow levels were really low, probably got halfway up to Bell Camp Rd - Just above Rice Rd. But based on when I drove to Wilson this weekend, you might get there now.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    I'll also post this in the February update thread, though it's not getting as much attention.

Just wanted to let you all know, I rode Post Canyon today and the dirt is good. Started at Family Man, rode up Riodoran to the FR trail (#150 I think), and rode that about 10 times. Then found a pump track, some new skinnies, and the good news that Drop Out was cleared up from the storm last year. I've not had much luck finding my way around Post Canyon in the past, so I was anticipating heading over to Syncline for some more pedal time, but was so stoked on Post Canyon, I just stayed.

Nothing but sunshine overhead, good dirt, very few puddles of standing water, some snow on the road up top, but the trails were all good.

mtbr member
    Got a ride in out at Browns Camp today. Overall the tread is in good shape with a few minor spots of snow. Lots of limbs down and 13 "dismount" 10"+ logs over the trail. I was alone so I spent an extra hour or so cutting some of the small logs and cleaning trail.

Guess I should have titled this thread Portland area trails conditions WINTER 2013

Thanks for all of the contributions to the thread I will post this over in the Feb thread also.

Cheers
    Portland Off Road Navagators

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4