Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by finch6013 View Post
    black rock is holding up great! Perfect dirt today and it was really warm and sunny up top. I ran into a group from Idaho today. Thanks for letting me tag along and it was a great day of riding!
    Agreed, BR was off the hook today. Best conditions I have ran to date up there over the years actually. Funny, I ran into same group from Idaho as they obviously wen ftor more today and is what I am strongly considering for tomorrow as well. The new ride totally came alive there today, I want more!
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    Good to hear. Headed to Blackrock tomorrow!

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Black Rocks was great this weekend. I was part of that Idaho crew ( although I live in Portland now) and we had a great time. It was great riding with you Finch 6013, let me know if you want to ride sometime and maybe we will see you at Lumberyard this weekend.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Sugar showdown was full so I don't think my wife will be there. We'll go riding some time for sure.

Custom bike love.
    Jan 2013
    Rode Sandy Ridge last Sunday. Hide and Seek was clear from the halfway point to the bottom. Lots of ice on the road climb towards the top.

Stoked on the recent trail maintenance on lower Hide and Seek!! Nice work.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    How much snow and ice remained up top? I was hoping that with the rain and slightly warmer weather this week that Sandy would be ridable this weekend.

Custom bike love.
    Jan 2013
    We hit some mandatory hike-a-bike sections around the top of Sandy due to snow depth. I can't imagine that it will all be melted by this weekend, however it may be worth going out there as some trails (2 turntables, lower hide and seek) were just about clear.

endoguy
    Anyone ride scapoose lately? How are the conditions?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeptikl-jc View Post
    Black Rocks was great this weekend. I was part of that Idaho crew ( although I live in Portland now) and we had a great time. It was great riding with you Finch 6013, let me know if you want to ride sometime and maybe we will see you at Lumberyard this weekend.
    Cool, I think I ran into you guys as well up top last Sunday as well. Here's a ride clip of BD1/2, SG4 that I shot from ride last Monday. https://vimeo.com/58162694.

Dirt and conditions was pretty much perfect. Little different now of course as we are kind of back to the usual 40 degrees, wet conditions for this time of year.
    Ride On!

FKA Malibu412
    Quote Originally Posted by jgusta View Post
    Here's a ride clip of BD1/2, SG4 that I shot from ride last Monday.
    Love your work. You got skillz.
    "I love the bike. It's my meditation. I think I'm bike-sexual." -Robin Williams

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jgusta View Post
    Cool, I think I ran into you guys as well up top last Sunday as well. Here's a ride clip of BD1/2, SG4 that I shot from ride last Monday. https://vimeo.com/58162694.

Dirt and conditions was pretty much perfect. Little different now of course as we are kind of back to the usual 40 degrees, wet conditions for this time of year.
    I had a great time at ACM, but this is flat out rockin'. Thanks for the fun Jon! Can you line up some nice weather soon, please. Looks like the Banshee is working out just fine. I am all fired up with no place to go. BTW, all the wood looks frozen on the sides... bad@$$!
    Master of Laundry...Lord of Cleaning!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by poppa#1 View Post
    I had a great time at ACM, but this is flat out rockin'. Thanks for the fun Jon! Can you line up some nice weather soon, please. Looks like the Banshee is working out just fine. I am all fired up with no place to go. BTW, all the wood looks frozen on the sides... bad@$$!
    Muchas gracias homies! I'm sporting a bad cold right now, but more than likely will be heading out somewhere this weekend.
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Should have known better but we headed out to Hagg Lake since it is close. If you stay under the trees it's not bad. The clay stuff in the more open areas is unbearable as everything is just clogged up almost immediately.

I got nothin'
    Anyone ridden Syncline lately? How are the trails?
    I ride at ludicrous speed

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I was there on 1-26 and the upper elevations were really loose and mucky from freeze thaw. Lower stuff like lil moab was good to go though.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampir View Post
    Should have known better but we headed out to Hagg Lake since it is close. If you stay under the trees it's not bad. The clay stuff in the more open areas is unbearable as everything is just clogged up almost immediately.

Hagg Lake is a mud fest in the winter. Takes weeks to dry out, too.

I actually wish they would close it to bikes in the winter and early spring. The ruts are terrible in the summer...

I got nothin'
    Quote Originally Posted by finch6013 View Post
    I was there on 1-26 and the upper elevations were really loose and mucky from freeze thaw. Lower stuff like lil moab was good to go though.
    Thanks for the info finch!
    I ride at ludicrous speed

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoban View Post

I actually wish they would close it to bikes in the winter and early spring. The ruts are terrible in the summer...
    It is closed in the winter for me. That soil becomes peanut butter. Good long distance road ride from Portland this time of year. Unless the little store is out of hot food for the way back.
    Master of Laundry...Lord of Cleaning!

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Syncline is supposed to be really nice right now. Stay away from Hospital Hill though -- it is closed for logging. If they catch you riding, you will be cited for trespassing.

Obviously Single
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampir View Post
    Note: NWTA will be rerouting some of those icky clay sections this year. It would be nice if that place could be ridden in the Winter ...
    The Lee-Man

A witty saying proves nothing. -- Voltaire

Obviously Single
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoban View Post

Hoban: I run the Bike Patrol out at Hagg and I know the NWTA Trail Stewart. It is difficult to close the trails at any time, since there are no announcement boards, and no gates. It would have to be posted at 10 spots or so, and there would be no enforcement.

I would rather see the trail fixed so it cold be ridden more reasonably when somewhat wet. In the mean time, we are working with the Mud Runners (yes, there is a running race in the mud on the trails) to rehabilitate the trail after their use.

But (sorry to take so long to get to it) good point. I stay away from Fall until late Spring, and it's my closest riding spot. I wish others would do the same.
    The Lee-Man

A witty saying proves nothing. -- Voltaire

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Skeptikl JC I sent you an email. I'm headed to black rock tomorrow, if you see this or get the email let me know.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Sandy ridge is great for the lower hald of hide and seek but the the top half was more hiking through snow then riding.

mtbr member
    Went to black rock yesterday. It was great. Perfect dirt.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Looking to ride someplace other than Black Rock or Syncline this coming weekend. Anyone have info on...

1. Gales Creek, specifically the section that goes to Reeher's Camp.
    2. Tarbell/Cold Creek
    3. Siouxon Creek
    4. Wilson River Trail - I know it'll be rideable, but how any downed trees, blowdown, etc.
    5. Post Canyon - Would it be rideable starting from Kingsley Reservoir going down to Family Man or Post Canyon Rd?

Thanks!

Thanks!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast