Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 91
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bubba13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    908

    Current trail conditions PDX area SPRING 2013!

    Guess it is time for a new thread since it is now spring.

    Post up conditions from your last ride.

    Syncline was good on Sunday with a few sections of mud in the normal places where drainage is an issue. Hats off to WTA for trail rework on Hidden Valley. Was bummed that they removed the dirt S curve/drop, but it was not a sustainable section of trail. The trail still retains the technical rocky drop sections.

    Heard Sandy Ridge was snow from bottom to top on Saturday morning. Does anyone have an update on Sandy?
    Portland Off Road Navagators

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,086
    Sandy is a mess in regards to snow. At least 8" at the kiosk. The trail down was covered and difficult to navigate due to the "tree drips". Good accumalation plus "drips" made for poor traction and it was a wrestling match attempting to keep up enough momentum to roll up and over anything. Expect wet feet and very little pleasure. I should have gone to Syncline. The lower section was muddy... no surprise, expected that.
    Master of Laundry...Lord of Cleaning!

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bubba13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    908
    Thanks poppa#1. I will be avoiding Sandy for a while.
    Portland Off Road Navagators

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rob_co2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    564
    Rode stub yesterday and at the end of the ride my bike had no mud accumulation on it!! First time that's happened since summer. Even more amazing is that it was my first ride on a brand new bike! All the trail building must be earning me some serious karma.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,086
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_co2 View Post
    Rode stub yesterday and at the end of the ride my bike had no mud accumulation on it!! First time that's happened since summer. Even more amazing is that it was my first ride on a brand new bike! All the trail building must be earning me some serious karma.
    Coworker rode Gales Creek yesterday and had a similar experience. I don't know about Brown's, but the Tillamook is sounding pretty good right now.
    Master of Laundry...Lord of Cleaning!

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jgusta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,893
    Quote Originally Posted by poppa#1 View Post
    Coworker rode Gales Creek yesterday and had a similar experience. I don't know about Brown's, but the Tillamook is sounding pretty good right now.
    Any down trees or washout on any sections on Gales, Michael? Thought you and Rich were going to hit Syncline on Sunday AM as it was pretty obvious Sandy was still going to be a mess from all the lower elevation snow on Friday and weekend reports. I got to Syncline at noon and rode til almost 4:30pm with Doug and Topher. Good riding, baby p. oak is just starting to pop in lower sections though. Kind of pleased with Hidden re-routes as well, even though the trail is not as fast due to new re-construction. Pleased they kept the rocky chutes, but some of the re-routes are obviously a bit slower to ride as before. Should get better with time though, I hope.
    Ride On!

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: OldHouseMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,449
    It'll be some time before we're riding bikes on the Gunsight Ridge Trail, but I'll gladly take this any day. From Friday, 3/22, had the whole place to ourselves.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Current trail conditions PDX area SPRING 2013!-turns.jpg  

    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,086
    Quote Originally Posted by jgusta View Post
    Any down trees or washout on any sections on Gales, Michael? Thought you and Rich were going to hit Syncline on Sunday AM as it was pretty obvious Sandy was still going to be a mess from all the lower elevation snow on Friday and weekend reports. I got to Syncline at noon and rode til almost 4:30pm with Doug and Topher. Good riding, baby p. oak is just starting to pop in lower sections though. Kind of pleased with Hidden re-routes as well, even though the trail is not as fast due to new re-construction. Pleased they kept the rocky chutes, but some of the re-routes are obviously a bit slower to ride as before. Should get better with time though, I hope.
    The report I received was no mud and no blow down on Gales. I will ask how much they rode tomorrow. I did not even think Sandy had snow 'til I arrived. Rich made other plans and so had I. I am pleased to hear your report of Hidden... I always expect the worse. I would have gone to Syncline if " I Only Had A Heart(clue)". Cheers!
    Master of Laundry...Lord of Cleaning!

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bubba13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    908
    I rode Browns camp / historic trail a few weeks ago and counted 13 trees on / cross trail. I have no idea if any saw clean up has been done since then.
    Portland Off Road Navagators

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jgusta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,893
    Quote Originally Posted by poppa#1 View Post
    The report I received was no mud and no blow down on Gales. I will ask how much they rode tomorrow
    Cool, let's hit it on Sat AM? The wifey will be home from work for once on Sat to watch the kiddos so I got a pass to get out. I miss me a good Gales run and don't care to ride Sandy til' all the snow is gone from very top to bottom.
    Ride On!

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    96
    Wilson River Trail is great. No trees down and almost no mud at all. If you head east out of Jones Creek, there are a couple of inches of snow at the top of the hill up to the view point, but it is totally rideable. I imagine that it will be gone in the next day or two.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    489
    What's the best way to ride gales creek?
    Also if anyone rides sandy on 3-27 give an update. I'd like to go for an after work ride on friday and sandy is about the best thing I'd have time for.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,086
    How much of a ride are you looking for finch? The typical run this time of year is parking at the gate to Gales Cr. CG. Head down past the gate to the TH. Longer version from here is up the 2 miles that follows the hwy to Browns Camp and do the Historic Trail up to Storey Burn. Then do an out and back on Gales (from the bridge that will lead you back to the starting TH). The shorter version is to skip the first 2 miles and the Historic Trail altogether. Instead of following the hwy trail you will head towards the creek TH. This leads to the bridge that you would see coming down Storey Burn. Cross bridge and turn right. Go as far as you want to O & B from here. You can access Ravens Ridge and/or Reehers Camp from the "top". I have no idea what the trail conditions are up there. If this does not make sense I apologize. I am riding Sunday, but I am on a schedule. I may very well end up doing this. It usually has a higher "fun factor" than Wilson River.

    -Cheers!
    Master of Laundry...Lord of Cleaning!

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    489
    Makes perfect sense thanks.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by jgusta View Post
    Cool, let's hit it on Sat AM? The wifey will be home from work for once on Sat to watch the kiddos so I got a pass to get out. I miss me a good Gales run and don't care to ride Sandy til' all the snow is gone from very top to bottom.
    Can I get in on this Gales action? I've been itching to get back out there. I think I can hang. If not, I know my way around the area and you'd be free to drop me =^)

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rob_co2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    564
    Quote Originally Posted by poppa#1 View Post
    How much of a ride are you looking for finch? The typical run this time of year is parking at the gate to Gales Cr. CG. Head down past the gate to the TH. Longer version from here is up the 2 miles that follows the hwy to Browns Camp and do the Historic Trail up to Storey Burn. Then do an out and back on Gales (from the bridge that will lead you back to the starting TH). The shorter version is to skip the first 2 miles and the Historic Trail altogether. Instead of following the hwy trail you will head towards the creek TH. This leads to the bridge that you would see coming down Storey Burn. Cross bridge and turn right. Go as far as you want to O & B from here. You can access Ravens Ridge and/or Reehers Camp from the "top". I have no idea what the trail conditions are up there. If this does not make sense I apologize. I am riding Sunday, but I am on a schedule. I may very well end up doing this. It usually has a higher "fun factor" than Wilson River.

    -Cheers!
    So do I understand that the "loop" including storey burn is preferably ridden counter-clockwise? I rode is clockwise last year and wasn't impressed. Also please explain the higher fun factor vs wrt, faster, more tech??

    Does the northern end of gales not get as much maintenance?

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,086
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_co2 View Post
    So do I understand that the "loop" including storey burn is preferably ridden counter-clockwise? I rode is clockwise last year and wasn't impressed. Also please explain the higher fun factor vs wrt, faster, more tech??

    Does the northern end of gales not get as much maintenance?
    The descending is simply better and the climbs are short. I appreciate Wilson River because it is "rideable" when many places are not. The effort for Wilson does not match the reward though. Obviously everyone has their preferences. There is nothing technical on Wilson... nothing. The last trip on Gales was fine in regards to maintenance, but I will always miss the "old Gales Creek" trail. Kind of weird to think about the trail builder who died attempting to restore that washed out mess. Back to the fun factor... there are some smokin' sections on the Historic Trail and the Storey Burn descent is a ripper. The lower end of Wilson(from ATV land after the bridge) is pretty lame. I still ride it, but I often stop at the Forestry Center, get water and head back instead. If the descent to Reehers is in good shape that is a fun drop too. Neither place are in my top ten local areas, btw.
    Master of Laundry...Lord of Cleaning!

  18. #18
    B42
    B42 is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: B42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    174
    Sandy Ridge is doing great. All the snow on the lower half is gone and the trail is mostly dry (no mud, just some soft spots) and fast (some minor damage from the recent weather, but nothing to worry about it). I was told the top half had just 2 snow spots on Rock Drop, and some still on the road going up (one was ridable, one wasn't). Nothing that would stop anyone from having fun.

    BTW, it's sunny and warm up here right now.
    ## Every time I cheat death it reinforces the adolescent belief that I'm invincible. ##

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    489
    Just got back from sandy and trails are money. No snow on the trails except one 8' long patch on the very beginning climb to rock drop and it's totally ridable. I bet its gone in a day or two anyway. The dirt was super tacky and fast all over the mountain. No snow on the road climb at all. All this talk of gales creek has me thinking of hitting that on saturday but sandy was so good I might go back.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,086
    Quote Originally Posted by finch6013 View Post
    Just got back from sandy and trails are money. No snow on the trails except one 8' long patch on the very beginning climb to rock drop and it's totally ridable. I bet its gone in a day or two anyway. The dirt was super tacky and fast all over the mountain. No snow on the road climb at all. All this talk of gales creek has me thinking of hitting that on saturday but sandy was so good I might go back.
    Thanks for the update finch. I may get out of today with some fun under my belt!
    Master of Laundry...Lord of Cleaning!

  21. #21
    Daniel the Dog
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,730
    Syncline and Hospital Hill (above the hospital) were awesome today. Syncline was swarming with hikers. I would avoid Cry Baby and Maui Waterfalls due to the hikers. The jeep trail is the ticket for getting to the top...and Millennium Trail was good at Hospital Hill.

    Sandy Ridge sounds good. I will be buzzing up there on Monday. Good to hear.

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    489
    Rode sandy's ridge hard again today and hit every trail she has to offer for a couple of laps. Good conditions all around, and i'll also add that communication breakdown was snow free as well. The downed tree on two turntables has been cleared, so go hall balls and have fun!

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jgusta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,893
    Quote Originally Posted by xDennisLuix View Post
    Can I get in on this Gales action? I've been itching to get back out there. I think I can hang. If not, I know my way around the area and you'd be free to drop me =^)
    Sorry, I just caught this now Dennis. bubba13 and I rode Gales on Sat, with everyone else so it seemed as well. Trails were great and better the further you went. I was on a bit of a time crunch, but still managed to ride to about a mile from Reheers on all trail with start at Gales CG. Only about three trees and one small washout on Gales to have to get off the bike for, but at 8.5 miles of trail that is not bad at all. Like I said lots of folks out on it, small hiker groups and bike groups, but had no one on the backside of Gales toward Reheers and conditions were pretty fast. Fortunately, only had to pass a couple of hiker groups on the return for 6 miles of mostly uninterrupted trail flow. The closest thing to riding a roller coaster of a trail around here for me on the return.

    My preferred route is just out/back from CG, up to top of Bell Rd. down backside of Gales towards Reheers or 1 mile easy fire road pedal to top of Raven's Ridge DH trail and back up to top of Bell for the 6 mile all single trail return on Gales Creek Trail. And, I prefer going at end of day, like 3pm or so as most rider groups already did there ride there earlier in the day and usually only run into foot traffic on the narrow trails on the way up for nice uninterrupted ride on the way back, like a Rollercoaster!

    Cheers,
    Holler, Brandon or Dennis if you want to hit it up sometime. Usually about 3-4hr ride depending on speed and Sunday afternoons are usually my preferred and only available time to go.
    Ride On!

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by jgusta View Post
    Sorry, I just caught this now Dennis. bubba13 and I rode Gales on Sat, with everyone else so it seemed as well. Trails were great and better the further you went. I was on a bit of a time crunch, but still managed to ride to about a mile from Reheers on all trail with start at Gales CG. Only about three trees and one small washout on Gales to have to get off the bike for, but at 8.5 miles of trail that is not bad at all. Like I said lots of folks out on it, small hiker groups and bike groups, but had no one on the backside of Gales toward Reheers and conditions were pretty fast. Fortunately, only had to pass a couple of hiker groups on the return for 6 miles of mostly uninterrupted trail flow. The closest thing to riding a roller coaster of a trail around here for me on the return.

    My preferred route is just out/back from CG, up to top of Bell Rd. down backside of Gales towards Reheers or 1 mile easy fire road pedal to top of Raven's Ridge DH trail and back up to top of Bell for the 6 mile all single trail return on Gales Creek Trail. And, I prefer going at end of day, like 3pm or so as most rider groups already did there ride there earlier in the day and usually only run into foot traffic on the narrow trails on the way up for nice uninterrupted ride on the way back, like a Rollercoaster!

    Cheers,
    Holler, Brandon or Dennis if you want to hit it up sometime. Usually about 3-4hr ride depending on speed and Sunday afternoons are usually my preferred and only available time to go.

    No worries and thanks for the trail report. Ended up having a pretty darn good day out at Post instead. I will definitely take you up on the ride offer though!

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    489
    How was the mud at post?

  26. #26
    Singletrack Addict
    Reputation: Snake Muesl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,153
    Word is Post is prime. I'm heading out there in t-minus 1:50 hours!

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    489
    Go shred! I've got the day off but can't ride and it's killing me!!!! Gotta go take my electrician journeyman exam today so it's probably not the smartest idea to go riding first.

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    301
    Quote Originally Posted by finch6013 View Post
    How was the mud at post?
    Almost none. I rode seven streams, 8 track, the boot and twin peaks yesterday. There were maybe one or two tiny mud spots, mostly in the flat sections between 8 track and the boot. Otherwise, it was in great shape. If anyone gets out there in the next few days, try to ride twin peaks -- a lot of the new sections need breaking in (almost hard to follow in a few spots, especially on the larger loop).

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    174
    What about the logging by the GC campground? It sounds like you can still ride through it but when I did it about 3 weeks ago there were logging cables across teh trail...

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jgusta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,893
    Quote Originally Posted by mforness3000 View Post
    What about the logging by the GC campground? It sounds like you can still ride through it but when I did it about 3 weeks ago there were logging cables across teh trail...
    No cables or indication of logging when I rode there last weekend. But, according to the ODF site (Oregon Dept of Forestry). The most recent trail status states that Gales Creek trail is closed during the week (M-F) due to logging and open on the weekends. Oregon Department of Forestry - Tillamook State Forest Non-Motorized Trail Report
    Ride On!

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DJ Giggity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,224
    I guess I am the only one dumb enough to try and ride Sandy this afternoon.

    Well played, everyone else from Portland, well played.
    Only two infinite things exist: the universe and stupidity. And, I am unsure of the universe
    - Albert Einstein

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    489
    I thought about joining you but then again, how was the trail conditions?????

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation: OldHouseMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,449
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Giggity View Post
    I guess I am the only one dumb enough to try and ride Sandy this afternoon.

    Well played, everyone else from Portland, well played.
    At least you got out. I can report that my couch was warm and dry today.
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

  34. #34
    Daniel the Dog
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,730
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHouseMan View Post
    At least you got out. I can report that my couch was warm and dry today.
    Sweet! That is funny I hope you at least peaked at some Final Four action.

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DJ Giggity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,224
    Quote Originally Posted by finch6013 View Post
    I thought about joining you but then again, how was the trail conditions?????
    It was by far the wettest I have ever seen it up there. I started a bit after 2:00 and it started pouring about 10 pedal strokes later. It looked like it was fine for those that were finishing up as I started.
    Only two infinite things exist: the universe and stupidity. And, I am unsure of the universe
    - Albert Einstein

  36. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,086
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Giggity View Post
    It was by far the wettest I have ever seen it up there. I started a bit after 2:00 and it started pouring about 10 pedal strokes later. It looked like it was fine for those that were finishing up as I started.
    Thank you for the report. I convinced myself that I would spend more time cleaning myself, my bike and my clothing(especially shoes)than I would have riding. A buddy called from the TH and reported that they had sat in the car waiting for the rain to let up before starting. That dry road ride had to suffice. It started pouring in Portland less than ten minutes after I took off the road shoes. Glad I was rooting for Michigan yesterday. My "cave" was pretty cozy...
    Master of Laundry...Lord of Cleaning!

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jgusta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,893
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Giggity View Post
    It was by far the wettest I have ever seen it up there. I started a bit after 2:00 and it started pouring about 10 pedal strokes later. It looked like it was fine for those that were finishing up as I started.
    It was showering on/off on me all day as well. Climbed up Syncline to Little Moab amidst partly sunny skies and nice trails to total downpour minutes later while coming down. Had to bail to your favorite hiking spot down the road for riding/hiking on some pretty steep pitches that didn't wince once at the rain . So, still had a decent ride today, but been on couch for 2-days straight with stomach flu while cleaning child vomit and sharts all day long, so just about any ride for me without too much mess was good for me! April showers was in full throttle today. Partly sunny one minute, then massive downpour the next, all day long so it seemed. Bet Sandy was an absolute mess.
    Ride On!

  38. #38
    On wuss patrol
    Reputation: Glide the Clyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,888
    I saved 15% on my car insurance.
    Sometimes, you need to go fast enough that the trail is a blur to find clarity. -- Wild Bill

  39. #39
    ronbo613
    Guest
    From the Hood River Area Trail Stewards:

    Hood River Area Trail Stewards (Hood RATS)
    Happy Monday! Per the trail builder's request, Bad Motor Scooter will be closed for a few days to allow the reshaping work to dry out. It's too muddy to ride it right now. Please respect Pinner and friends' hard work this weekend, and don't ride the trail until they call it open. Thank you!!!
    When you have to quit working on the trails because it's too muddy, it's usually too muddy to ride as well. 4-5 days of continuous rain will result in muddy conditions pretty much anywhere. When the trails are too muddy to ride, we hit the hundreds of miles of dirt/gravel roads for a couple days until the trails dry out.
    Since people are going to ride no matter what the conditions are like, why do you need a report on the trail conditions?

  40. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    301
    . . . I don't know why people ride muddy trails. I guess some people just think it's fun? I seed mud-covered bikes all over town. I rode the new section of GP the other day (during the dry spell, after it had dried out). All kinds of nasty ruts -- some small sections were almost unrideable because of it. Not sure that riding a new trail in the mud is the best thing for the trail. Personally, I wait for the trails to dry out before I ride them, especially this time of year when it doesn't take much to turn perfect to swampy. But I think it is clear that others see no problem with it. It also may depend on the trail.

  41. #41
    ronbo613
    Guest
    It also may depend on the trail.
    It sure does. For example; Syncline is mainly decomposed rock with dirt between the rocky sediment, Post Canyon and the other trails near Hood River are nothing but dirt that turns to gooey mud when it's wet. After five days of rain, Post Canyon will need at least 3-4 days, ideally until next weekend because the humidity is likely to remain high, slowing the drying process.

  42. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bubba13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    908
    Brown's Camp is in better shape now. Out of the 13 trees that were down on the main trail, only 3 remain. One on the long technical root climb, and two on Graville brothers. Also did the small loop to Horse Camp and did some limb clearing. Limbs and small trees down in multiple areas there. I am guessing ODF is responsible for the tree removal. Thanks to the crew that did the work.
    Portland Off Road Navagators

  43. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    57
    Rode up at Scappoose on 4/14. Saw 7 bikers and a couple hikers. Trails are in decent shape, though obviously a bit wet.

    Just a couple trees down, some near the big, short & steep tree re-route from last year.

    Typical weather of rain and sun. Good times!

  44. #44
    Big Red
    Reputation: p8ntsean55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    58
    Sandy had snow at top of Homestead yesterday (Sunday) and was a bit sloppy in the upper sections. Lower Hide and Seek was okay-not great.

  45. #45
    MattSavage
    Reputation: mattsavage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    2,461
    Is it safe to assume Surveyors Ridge is not clear yet?
    "I wrote a hit play! What have you ever done?!"

    Have Ashtray, Will Travel....

  46. #46
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    301
    Quote Originally Posted by mattsavage View Post
    Is it safe to assume Surveyors Ridge is not clear yet?
    For the most part, I think it is still snowed in. A portion of the north end should be rideable, but not sure how much. I rode my cross bike up Pine Montt Rd. on Sunday. No snow at all up past the north end trailhead. A little ways past there on the road you start to see a dusting of snow in the trees. As you get near Gibson Prarie Horse Camp, it is solid snow on the side of the road. A little ways past the camp, the road itself is covered in snow. We turned back at that point. Oh, and it was colder than hell. About 53 at the bottom where we started. It was 36 degrees when we had to turn back.

  47. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    183
    Rocky Point near Scapoose was dry with some sections being chocolate cake "moist". Loamy in some parts. No mud really, except in some remote spots. It was my first time and the maze of trails there was ridiculous. It's gonna take numerous visits before I figure out which circuits make the best run. Does anyone know how to link the funnest sections over there?

  48. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bubba13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    908
    Sandy Ridge was back in good shape today. Snow is gone from top to bottom. The drainage improvements made on Saturday seem to have worked out well on Hide and Seek. Only a couple of puddles on TTM, QPF, and top of upper H&S.
    Portland Off Road Navagators

  49. #49
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    301
    Post was pretty nice yesterday. Few wet spots, but not many. Unfortunately some knucklehead on a motorcycle chewed up the lower part of Mitchell Ridge (just above the 7 Streams parking area) (lots of motorcycle trails in the area, but this isn't one of them).

    Rode Spaghetti Factory for the first time since the re-route. Much/most of the top section had to be re-built because of clear cutting. Appreciate the work -- they did a good job on the reroute. But it is a shame that the great, flowy top part is now all gone.

  50. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DJ Giggity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,224
    Anyone know if Souixon is accessible and what kind of shape it is in?
    Only two infinite things exist: the universe and stupidity. And, I am unsure of the universe
    - Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Current trail conditions PDX area February 2013
    By Glide the Clyde in forum Oregon
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 04-15-2013, 07:50 AM
  2. Replies: 81
    Last Post: 02-15-2013, 05:33 PM
  3. What are current WCC Trail (Hydro Cut) conditions ?
    By ccaddy in forum Eastern Canada
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-19-2011, 10:09 AM
  4. Current Sedona Trail conditions?
    By bmaster7 in forum Arizona
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-16-2011, 01:14 PM
  5. Current Riding Conditions @ Lunch Loop Area in GJ?
    By Wazzou in forum Colorado - Western Slope
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-14-2011, 10:06 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •