Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    mtbr member
    May 2005
    Cool! Another location to revisit this spring

B42
    mtbr member

Current trail conditions PDX area February 2013

FYI, there is probably 4 inches of wet snow at the top of sandy ridge today. Maybe 1-2 at the bottom. It was real wet and under the trees on the trails should be decent.
    ## Every time I cheat death it reinforces the adolescent belief that I'm invincible. ##

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by B42 View Post
    FYI, there is probably 4 inches of wet snow at the top of sandy ridge today. Maybe 1-2 at the bottom. It was real wet and under the trees on the trails should be decent.
    Thanks for the update at Sandy this AM. I was up there last night afterwork and just squeezed in a ride before heavy rains/showers made it that way and soaked everything up. At end of ride, everything was pretty well saturated, including myself.

Can't believe there is snow up top again. I was just starting to like riding there again with ability to get up to top of CB and ride all the good higher trails with backside of CB, QPF to TTM in the past couple of weeks.
    Ride On!

FKA Malibu412
    Snow won't last long at Sandy Ridge as this is a fairly short term cold pattern.

SR got hosed in the last 12 hours and shouldn't be ridden until it dries a few days after the current storm. Work party there today is probably having an interesting time dealing with the snow and weather.

It was hero-style yesterday (Friday 4/12) until the monsoon hit. Best ride I've had there in months!

Btw, I love TTM!
    "I love the bike. It's my meditation. I think I'm bike-sexual." -Robin Williams

mtbr member
    Sandy was sloppy today. Approximately 14 volunteers showed up to complete quite a bit of drainage work on H&S plus some berm work / gravel scraping. We had no trouble telling where the water was pooling... It was wintery up top with a couple of inches of wet snow on the road.

Thank you to Fat Tire Farm for sponsoring the event with transport, beer, brats, and swag!

Reminder: Last Sandy Ridge volunteer work party this spring is one month from now.
    Portland Off Road Navagators

mtbr member
    Any word on conditions at Syncline? Thinking about going there Sunday.
    Portland Off Road Navagators

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I went to sandy to try a lap this AM, but didn't even get out of the truck after seeing the slush. Sent a friend to HR and they said Syncline was great save for the oaky his time of year.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by thorkild View Post
    I went to sandy to try a lap this AM, but didn't even get out of the truck after seeing the slush. Sent a friend to HR and they said Syncline was great save for the oaky his time of year.
    I believe it as I saw pics from yesterday with plenty of wet, sloppy snow on the road and trails looks pretty well saturated and sloppy as well.

Syncline was tits today, but the oak is really bad now, the worse I have seen it this time of year that is even blooming at 1500' above the TH and all the way down the trails. Hidden Valley was really dicey and fresh oak was pretty impossible to avoid. Fortunately, I was wearing long socks and long shirt. Is too bad cause the trails are fantastic there right now, even the newly built re-routes on HV are fully bedded in and rolling well.
    Ride On!

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008
    Oak and I sometimes get along okay and other times kick my butt. I was in Santa Cruz a couple years ago and rode a ton in the Oak and got a touch but not much. Other times I just seem to sniff a bit of it and get an ugly case with anti itch on my legs for 10 days or so.

Any talk about a reroute of Coyote?

Quote Originally Posted by jgusta View Post
    I believe it as I saw pics from yesterday with plenty of wet, sloppy snow on the road and trails looks pretty well saturated and sloppy as well.

Syncline was tits today, but the oak is really bad now, the worse I have seen it this time of year that is even blooming at 1500' above the TH and all the way down the trails. Hidden Valley was really dicey and fresh oak was pretty impossible to avoid. Fortunately, I was wearing long socks and long shirt. Is too bad cause the trails are fantastic there right now, even the newly built re-routes on HV are fully bedded in and rolling well.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3