Seattle drivers suck

Current conditions of Middle Fork Willamette trail

Does anyone know the current conditions at Middle Fork? I rode Larison Creek about one week ago and encountered much snow within the first 2 or 3 miles. I imagine the higher temps this week coupled with rain will melt much of the snow but don't know how well that trial drains.

Thanks
    Last edited by Goliath_2; 02-03-2013 at 08:25 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    the upper part of that trail will be under snow til June at least. The upper stretches are higher than anything on Larison Creek for several miles. I would guess that anything over 3000 feet is worth assuming a no go and anything over 2500 is a smaller gamble. I remember that trail being relatively rocky so maybe it will be well drained but I have not ridden it in the dead of the winter before. Good luck if you go!

meatier showers
    Let us know whatever you find out if you go up there... I might head up to ride it this Sunday.

Although I don't know current conditions, I can say that MFT is often rideable during the winter, up to Rigdon Meadow. The canyon is much wider than Larison Creek; also the lower canyon runs more N/S (as opposed to E/W) so it receives more sun. Personally I'll bet it's good to go, but this is speculation.

Call the Willamette Mountain Mercantile (LBS) in Oakridge. Derrick or Eugene should be able to tell ya.

--sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

Seattle drivers suck
    Rode it today - overall good, relatively dry, with frost in spots, but there was a pretty large flooded area ~ 4 miles in. We then decided to ride L. Creek, which was superb.

meatier showers
    Quote Originally Posted by Goliath_2 View Post
    Rode it today - overall good, relatively dry, with frost in spots, but there was a pretty large flooded area ~ 4 miles in. We then decided to ride L. Creek, which was superb.
    Thank you.

=S
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas