mtbr member

Cross post_ Montana needs help now!

Montana Needs Help Now!

The above link takes you to one on the Passion forum. In short,it's about taking positive action to help influence the future of our sport in Montana, where the powers that be in USFS are attempting to lock up any land that *might* ever be considered for wilderness.As you might imagine, this could have implications for other areas, like ours, if a preservationist-at-all-costs type land manager gets a wild hair.

Write your emails now folks. Time is short on this one.

Tim

it means 'no problem'
    Here's the link to the MMBA website with talking points:

http://www.montanamountainbikeallian...adline-11/5/09

What's it got to do with Oregon? We all travel for mtb vacations and this is a terrible precedent if it succeeds.

Please send comments.
    "“May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view." - Edward Abbey

Singletrack Addict

Those trails look awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by sans soucie
    Here's the link to the MMBA website with talking points:

http://www.montanamountainbikeallian...adline-11/5/09

What's it got to do with Oregon? We all travel for mtb vacations and this is a terrible precedent if it succeeds.

Please send comments.
    Now that I have sent a letter I feel like I have a vested interest in these trails. Considering a road trip out there next summer, maybe a big loop including Sun Valley and the Kettle Crest area in northern WA.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I also sent a letter.

It still blows me away that horses, which have by far the highest impact on any trail, are still allowed in the wilderness...
    "It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that they are difficult."

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Well, I wrote a nice email, and tried to send it, but it was returned as an undeliverable email address.

Anybody got the right email? If not, I guess it will go snail mail today.
    The drive towards achievement and success is the motive power of civilization.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Found the correct email on the USFS site: comments-northern-bitterroot@fs.fed.us

Write now, ride next summer!
    The drive towards achievement and success is the motive power of civilization.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Muesl
    Now that I have sent a letter I feel like I have a vested interest in these trails. Considering a road trip out there next summer, maybe a big loop including Sun Valley and the Kettle Crest area in northern WA.
    Muesl Man,

If you're serious about that, and if it's late summer, I'd be game for an epic singletrack rendezvous. I usually wheedle some time off in early/mid September, and the Sun Valley area is on my mtb bucket list.

Hope to see you some time soon; All Comer's Meat in January?

mtbr member
    Sent my letter in.

This whole thing just floors me, I'm a believer in Wilderness areas, but this just goes way to far.
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

mtbr member
    Bump. Nov 9 is the deadline to submit comments on this travel plan.

Singletrack Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by kosmo
    Found the correct email on the USFS site: comments-northern-bitterroot@fs.fed.us

Write now, ride next summer!

Hmmm, not the inbox I sent it to. Wonder if it got to the intended recipients? Didn't bounce back, but maybe I'll send a dupe to this addy too.

Al, I'm always serious, it's just a matter of what priorities get shuffled around. Gettin sread thinner and thinner the older I get. Remember when summers seemed like a lifetime?