Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: crawfish

mtbr member

crawfish

Hey new to eugene. I heard crawfish is great place to ride. how do I get there?

Making fat cool since '71
    The "easiest" way is to park at the same place you do for Brice Creek trail and ride up (east) on Brice Creek road about 2/3 mile to the second gravel road going up on your right. There's a sign on that road that says "Knot Trail 6 miles." Grind for an hour and a half (or more...) and then push up Knott trail for 15 minutes and then start riding your bike...

The first trail intersection on your left is the top of Crawfish.

Crawfish is one of my favorite downhill runs in the state, hell, ever. It's a steep 6 miles to get up (read: steeeeep). I'm close (really close; Cottage Grove) and could be talked into going this weekend. Be aware that there are a couple of jumps/drops in the middle of the trail about half way down (not much help I know) with no real ride-a-rounds. With the wind we've had down here there could be a few trees down as well. I've not been on it in about a month so...who knows.

Brock...
    Are the wheels roundish? Ride it.

Disciples Of Dirt, come ride with us.

mtbr member
    better question then how do I get to Brice creek. I dont think I have to work this weekend. So I would ride if people are up for it.

High Speed Botanist

Follow the link to good rides

Join the DOD and you'll have plenty of info on rides. Link is below. Or just keep posting here, most of the active riders are lurking or posting.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

in for a crawfish ride

Unfortunately, being from Corvallis, when I venture south it usually involves a turn east towards the Cascades so I have never ridden Brice or Crawfish. If a ride is coming together for this weekend I'd be interested in taking a drive down to check out the trails.

Keep me informed...

Jay

Quote Originally Posted by thegromit
    better question then how do I get to Brice creek. I dont think I have to work this weekend. So I would ride if people are up for it.
    Sorry, not trying to be a PITA on that one. I figured "everyone" knew Brice Crik.

Go to Cottage Grove and get on Row (pronounced like "ow" as is: "Ow! My legs are sore...") River Road (I-5 dumps you onto it). Drive east on Row past WallyWorld, the car dealers, etc. Stay on it for awhile. It changes into Shoreview Dr right before the resevoir but stay on it. It changes back to Row after the resevoir...

There's a detour due to bridge replacement but it's well marked and easy.

The parking area for Brice/Crawfish/etc is about a mile (1.5?) past the welcome to Umpqua NF sign. There is a wide gravel spot on the left before a bridge over Brice Creek and a proper parking area on the right with a pit toilet and gravel pile.

There are better driving directions if you search for them on the NF or other sites I believe.

If my cranks come in I'm down for a Crawfish ride. RF was supposed to have them to the shop today, but maybe Canadian post is just trying to piss me off right now.

I'm a slow-ish climber but whatever.

Brock...

PS: I see you lurking Paul...wanna ride?
    PPS: If we were nice to the wife...she'd prolly shuttle us...yep...shuttle...

mtbr member
    Yeah I really would like to ride. My roommate just got his bike stolen Kona stuff, but on another note today he got his new bike a norco manik. its pretty cool and he and me are both new and have heard that crawfish is really cool. so we will ride(if I have no work) I will know tomorrow. Thanks for the directions. I hear rain in the forecast? thanks

DOD Member
    [PS: I see you lurking Paul...wanna ride?]

Maybe. Kind of depends on my squishy's rear wheel. It just barely got Ian off the MF last weekend. If you ride your Raleigh, I'll ride Inbred. That would be an ow, (sounds like Row) on the Crawfish section.
    MaxSteel

mtbr member
    I can ride!!! I can ride!!!!! no work

Just to keep life interesting...

Race Face has not gotten my new cranks to the shop yet...but my hope is they will be there this afternoon. If they are here I will ride Crawfish, if not, I won't. I don't want to ride it on my rigid bike. I have before, but it's so much more fun on the squish, especially having the 24 toothX32 gear combo for the climb versus the 34X32 on the rigid if you know what I mean.

I will follow-up tonight as to if the cranks came in or not. Saturday, Sunday and Monday work for me.

Brock...

mtbr member
    monday would be good

OK. My cranks got in so I'll have the squish. I can ride Saturday/Sunday/Monday...whenever. If you folks want to ride it Sat/Sun anytime is cool. Monday I would have to be done by 2.

Paul and any others, wanna ride? Paul, we have a Rhynolite XL hanging on the wall calling your name...or you can use the wheels off the rigid and just trade cassettes/rotors. That would only take a few minutes. Just a thought.

Brock...

DOD Member
    My beloved seems to think I should stay home tomorrow to help her with progressive dinner preparations. I would ride Sunday. Working Monday.
    MaxSteel

I'll be heading out about 9 or 10, tomorrow, to ride Crawfish. That will give us time to ride up since Maxy has other things to do in the evening. Paul, we can meet up at my place or WallyWorld or just at the trailhead if you want to shuttle up and come the fish then finish on Brice...or whatever. I'm OK with earlier as well.

Brock...

mtbr member
    So you guys riding Sunday?

Yep

Quote Originally Posted by thegromit
    So you guys riding Sunday?
    ...around 9 or 10. It's not set in my opinion. I don't really care when frankly. I think we are riding up. It sucks, and I'm slow, but worth it.

Brock...

DOD Member
    Let's meet at Wally World at 9. You good with that Gromit?
    MaxSteel

mtbr member
    9 is fine 10 is great. but I WILL TRY TO BE THERE AT 9 if that is best. I have never gone so I don't know the ETA for this adventure.

mtbr member
    wall-mart on 11th?

WallyWorld in Cottage Grove at 9 AM. It's on the way to Brice/Crawfish on Row River Road.

Brock...

DOD Member
    Hey Gromit, or anyone else, if you would like to carpool to Cottage Grove, call.

Nine1five-69fiftyone
    MaxSteel

mtbr member
    hey thanks for showing me that it was awesome. Thanks for driving too maxsteel. I had a great time you guys really kicked my ass.

mtbr member
    some pics

DOD Member
    Where's the pics?!?
    MaxSteel

mtbr member
    working on it

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast