Sparty and ImaK give thanks
    s6300231_sm.jpg
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Making fat cool since '71
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    Sparty and ImaK give thanks
    s6300231_sm.jpg
    We were thanking the all mighty Santa Mouse for giving us SingleTrack.

Brock...
    Are the wheels roundish? Ride it.

Disciples Of Dirt, come ride with us.

Singletrack Addict
    I like Drew's MB-1.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Muesl
    I like Drew's MB-1.
    it matches his sweater nicely too!

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

I would not ride your Turner there either

Those baby butt smooth trails might break it

Jaybo

Known Mountainbiker
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybo
    Those baby butt smooth trails might break it

Jaybo
    Wow fellas, I think Jaybo just gave us a compliment while taking a poke at Turner. You know, even though we put so much time and hard work into producing handicap accessible golfcart paths at WhyPass; Turner frames will still fail.

Awesome!

Caz
    I am a Mountain Biker therefore I am late

meatier showers
    Quote Originally Posted by cazloco
    Wow fellas, I think Jaybo just gave us a compliment while taking a poke at Turner. You know, even though we put so much time and hard work into producing handicap accessible golfcart paths at WhyPass; Turner frames will still fail.

Awesome!

Caz
    I was just grateful to hear him say he wouldn't ride there.

--Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

hmmmm...

Awesome!

Caz

He wouldn't know about breaking frames or WhipeAss's abilities to do things to people, bikes, relationships. When am I going to get the credit for breaking stuff and not WhipeAss. I've worked really hard to break some of the stuff I've broken...

Brock...

DOD Member
    Feel validated BigBrock. You are a good buster of balls, chops, bikes, and more!
    MaxSteel

Known Mountainbiker
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaKlyde
    When am I going to get the credit for breaking stuff and not WhipeAss. I've worked really hard to break some of the stuff I've broken...

Brock...
    Does someone need another non-sexual congratulatory pat on the ass?

Caz

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Does someone need another non-sexual congratulatory pat on the ass?
    NON-sexual?!? then forget it. I wanna grab a big ol' hunk of that Clydesdale man-cheek to congratulate him.

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

Nah, I would ride there....

Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus
    I was just grateful to hear him say he wouldn't ride there.

--Sparty
    I have heard it is kind of like Rocky Point minus the DOD riders

Jaybo

mtbr member
    Lol.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I live in the general Eugene area and have heard about Whypass on the DOD message boards for some time. You guys have really peaked my curiosity about Whypass. Alas I've never actually been able to find out where or exactly what Whypass is. So just where are these trails? What are they like? Is this the BLM trail complex west of Eugene people talk about? Also how might I get there? I've been riding a long time but only recently have I bought myself a decent rail bike. Now I am iching to ride some new trails! Would like to get into doing some trail work as well. Seems like a cool thing to do. As long as I don't have to burn a ton of gas to get there or haft to deal with poison oak that is! LAter,

R

Well...

Quote Originally Posted by renegaderains
    I live in the general Eugene area and have heard about Whypass on the DOD message boards for some time. You guys have really peaked my curiosity about Whypass...
    You are already half-way there! We do not post directions to WhipeAss, period. We are always happy to show folks around there though. At this time of year there are folks riding there pretty much every weekend so finding an opportunity to be shown around should not be too difficult. It is not the BLM land west of Eugina. WhipeAss is near Lorane.

WhipeAss is an XC riding area that has some fun aspects to it as well.

Post up on the message board for someone to give you a guided tour. We can meet you in Lorane and show you the goods. New comers have to bring (good) beer. Seriously.

Brock...

PS: FYI, PBR, Bud, Coors, MGD, Weinhard's, Mickey's and Icehouse (amongst others) are *not* good beers.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Good policy I wouldn't post directions to any of my riding haunts online ether! Will post on the DOD message board as soon as things dry out a bit. Still gun-shy about totally gunking up my new Blur LT. Would just take my 03 hard rock winter bike but it stinks on trails. Too heavy and long it's mainly set up for gravel roads. Not to mention the fact that I've never bothered to buy a bike rack. I do not what that much muck in the back of my Cherokee! Thanks for the heads up on beer brands that are garbage. I've had a total of one and a half beers in my 4+ years of 21+!
    Rode the 20 miles out to the Fall Creek area from my folks place on Lost Creek Thursday. The lower section of trail was garbage but the middle section was great! Was going to hit the upper section of F.C.T. alas I ran out of time. I was having too much fun and forgot about having to ride 25 mies home! By the time I got home it was very dark and very cold. Stll it was the best of of the year thus far.

R

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    With as much sun as we have been getting Whypass is not as muddy as you might think. Although after last night it is not so much muddy but has a nice thin layer of slickness that likes to gunk up the wheels. Give it another day or so and you might stay mostly clean.

Known Mountainbiker
    Quote Originally Posted by 2morrow
    With as much sun as we have been getting Whypass is not as muddy as you might think. Although after last night it is not so much muddy but has a nice thin layer of slickness that likes to gunk up the wheels. Give it another day or so and you might stay mostly clean.
    Stage 6 of Whypass. The realization that WhyPass rides best during and or after a good long rain. The rain washes away the WhyPass' legendary nice thin layer of slickness that likes to gunk up the wheels.

Chris

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    If this week is anywhere near as good as it's supposed to be Friday might be the day. Or perhaps Sunday. I'm gone for all of next Saturday. I guess it all depends on rain and mud.

R