mtbr member

Cool-blue Rhythm COTA asks: are you ready for Spring Fling?

We are!

We've been hard at work for weeks now prepping for those that love new trials. Come out and help us on what will soon be Bend's newest trail, Tyler's Traverse.

Join us 9AM Saturday June 15th at WebCyclery.

COTA asks: are you ready for Spring Fling?-p1010017.jpg

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I will be there ready to help, looking forward to working with my OR friends.

mtbr member
    COTA asks: are you ready for Spring Fling?-p1010026.jpg
    One more example, proving we're leaving no stone unturned in our preparation for Spring Fling.
    We need you and your friends to come out and help us complete all the new trail we've got ready for Saturday.

mtbr member
    Seen Your, How's the shoulder. Will see you Saturday if you're there.
    Flaps

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    We'll be there........

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by SeenYour Crash View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010026.JPG 
Views:	217 
Size:	182.1 KB 
ID:	807868
    One more example, proving we're leaving no stone unturned in our preparation for Spring Fling.
    We need you and your friends to come out and help us complete all the new trail we've got ready for Saturday.
    Looks like Mr. Dodson is getting it done

Afric Pepperbird
    Quote Originally Posted by SeenYour Crash View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010026.JPG 
Views:	217 
Size:	182.1 KB 
ID:	807868
    Save that rock, it looks like it may be made to be rideable!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dirt farmer View Post
    Save that rock, it looks like it may be made to be rideable!

let's ride
    Oct 2012
    A big thanks to "Seen Your Crash" for all you and your team do to make central oregon mt biking what it is! You rock!
    live to ride, ride to party.

mtbr member
    Thanks dumbas. Really fun day! Thanks to all that came out and took ownership of your trail system. We got all the scheduled projects accomplished! Tyler's Traverse can now be called a trail. The lower segment is continuous singletrack from 41rd up to the Steve Larsen Trail. From there its marked with pink "trail" tape with a mix of singletrack and seriously overgrown doubletrack. Makes for a fun ride I would think.

T-berg and I have one request...riders are welcome to check out the trail. We know you're gonna and we want you to enjoy the fruits of your labor. However the whole trail is in no condition at all to be ridden aggressively. The berms are mere piles of dust in most places right now and conditions are highly variable. Riding it aggressively now not only puts yourself at risk, but will also do a bunch of damage as it is extremely fragile right now. This fall when the rains come, we'll ask you all to join us in raking out the trail before putting it to bed for the winter. Next year, its game on!

A sincere thank you to the individual COTA members and the business sponsors that provide us with the resources to make our trail system what it has become.

WebCyclery
    US Bank
    REI
    Deschutes Brewing
    Strictly Organic
    Worthy Brewing

mtbr member
    Aug 2012

Re: COTA asks: are you ready for Spring Fling?

Great trail. Rode the downhill portion from Steve Larson down to the Road yesterday. Does the trail actually connect to the Kiwa Butte trail going the other direction?
    Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sunoly View Post
    Great trail. Rode the downhill portion from Steve Larson down to the Road yesterday. Does the trail actually connect to the Kiwa Butte trail going the other direction?
    Yes.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    When this trail is dialed in, it is going to be an epic ride.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012

Re: COTA asks: are you ready for Spring Fling?

The recent moisture has been good to Tyler's. Rode the whole thing today heading West. This is already a great trail and it is going to be stellar when it is all packed out. Nice work COTA!

Afric Pepperbird
    I just checked it out, from where the new construction started (near the Kiwa Springs "pond"), down to FS Road 41. It's a very nice, rolling trail. I liked the second half better, with its great panoramic vistas of the lava fields and Lava Butte, and its undulating ups and downs.

I wish I knew where it headed off towards Kiwa Butte! I can never get beyond the seemingly "dead-end", at the junction of roads 4133, 200, and 100.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    If you reach the junction you mentioned take an immediate right at the end of the single track onto what looks like a jeep trail. Follow this for a while. It gradually narrows until it is virtually single track again. Eventually you will end up on a really great section of COTA made single track that will take you all the way to the Kiwa DMH junction. There are pink ribbons marking the trail all along the whole route. Have fun! It is a great addition.

Afric Pepperbird
    If you reach the junction you mentioned take an immediate right at the end of the single track onto what looks like a jeep trail. Follow this for a while. It gradually narrows until it is virtually single track again. Eventually you will end up on a really great section of COTA made single track that will take you all the way to the Kiwa DMH junction. There are pink ribbons marking the trail all along the whole route. Have fun! It is a great addition.
    Dang, I've ridden right onto 200 before. I guess I did not go far enough up 200.

Thanks, I'll check it out further!

let's ride
    Oct 2012
    if you ride down the 100 rode from 4133, you will find the duodenum...

let's ride
    Oct 2012

I wish I knew where it headed off towards Kiwa Butte! I can never get beyond the seemingly "dead-end", at the junction of roads 4133, 200, and 100.
    COTA has it all signed now...

Afric Pepperbird
    Quote Originally Posted by imadumas View Post
    COTA has it all signed now...
    Yes, I did eventually find all of those local trails. The signage will truly help

What caused the confusion in the past was I kept referencing the AdventureMaps map, which showed all of these trails as being singletrack. Hence, I kept searching for new singletrack. But a good portion of Tyler's and Duodenum actually follow old roads (100, 200, etc.).

Still fun rides, though

let's ride
    Oct 2012

What caused the confusion in the past was I kept referencing the AdventureMaps map, which showed all of these trails as being singletrack. Hence, I kept searching for new singletrack. But a good portion of Tyler's and Duodenum actually follow old roads.
    patience is a virtue we all should strive for...

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Rode the Duodenum the other day. This is going to be a great trail when finished. Thanks again COTA. Anyone know when the next work party is scheduled up there?

limplizard
    Sep 2009
    Rode the Duodenum the other day. This is going to be a great trail when finished. Thanks again COTA. Anyone know when the next work party is scheduled up there?
    Octoberish. When there is enough moisture in the soil to allow berm reconstruction.