mtbr member
    Jul 2009

Coming to visit your fine state mid July - Ride recommendations?

Wife and I are coming from 6000'+. Looking for 25-40 mile rides. Obviously some shorter ones are welcome. I'd rather do loops. Climbing is fine. Also we have a van, so "car camping" suggestions would be appreciated. I am perfectly fine with staying in one spot for a couple of days as long as I'm entertained, however I have the nice option of being totally mobile. Obvious stops are Bend and Hood River. Suggestions for other spots? I have looked on bendtrails.org That seems to cover all that I need I would assume. I have about 9 days. Bike info; Pivot 429 Trail and a Fuel EX 29. If that matters. If this has been covered I apologize.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I would highly recommend going to Oakridge for 2 or 3 days. Definitely some of the best riding in OR. Plenty of camping options. Just make sure you are not going to be there during Mountain Bike Oregon.

mtbr member
    Check out Adventure Maps. They have maps for Bend, Mt Hood/SW Washington/Hood River and Oakridge.

Adventure Maps
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

mtbr member
    There's a few IMBA epics in Oregon (NUT, O'Leary, Surveyor's, Waldo). Don't overlook Mt St Helens either. Bend and Oakridge are both excellent choices. Be sure to plan around (or plan to join) races and events, such as MBO or the High Cascades 100. Those are both mid-month.

If you get into the mid Valley you should really check out Black Rock Mountain Bike Area, even if you're not a freeride/jumps/DH kind of person.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Thanks for the replies everyone! I'll try and plan around said events as well. I also wanted to add, we will probably bring the DH bikes for a day or 1/2 day of lift access.