mtbr member

Come ride with me! (Tomorrow, Friday!)

So, er, kind of last minute. I was down in Portland for a conference, yadayadayada...

Long story short. I'm in Portland, I have my bike, gear and truck, and I want to go ride. Buddy pulled chute on me for tomorrow and I'm stuck with no idea where to go. I'd be up for anything. 6 hour epics, gnarly shuttles etc.

Currently thinking about heading down to Black Rock solo, although my friend has told me it's very built up. (Stunts, jumps etc). Not that I don;t enjoy such things, but I'd rather shred singletrack if the option is there...

Advice?

If anyone's going riding and has room for one more (although I have my truck) shoot me a phone number. I'd love to tag along!
    Last edited by big-ted; 03-18-2010 at 09:57 PM.

mtbr member
    I should probably go check that sticky at the top of this board too hey?

Singletrack Addict
    Last minute back atchya:

Leaving in an hour or so for a mini-epic O&B on Falls Creek.

email me your phone number if you can rally, I might even wait around until 9. Lord knows the wife would feel better if I wasn't going solo.

c h u c k b c h e f at h o t m a i l dot c o m

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Muesl
    Last minute back atchya:

Leaving in an hour or so for a mini-epic O&B on Falls Creek.

email me your phone number if you can rally, I might even wait around until 9. Lord knows the wife would feel better if I wasn't going solo.

c h u c k b c h e f at h o t m a i l dot c o m
    Falls Creek ...let me know how it goes.I would join you if I was not at work.Have a great day!Michael
    Master of Laundry...Lord of Cleaning!

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    If there are any other late readers like myself, I am planning to go out to Browns/Rogers to explore and have fun for 2-3 hours. If any care to join, call cel at 360-607 nine two two two. It's 930 now and I hope to be on trail by 11.
    Barry.
    2009 Specialized Stumpy Expert. Bike with brains.
    1997 Homegrown Factory 23-24lbs & afraid to ride it. I'm 200.

Singletrack Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by poppa#1
    Falls Creek ...let me know how it goes.I would join you if I was not at work.Have a great day!Michael
    Great ride, beautiful day, but we ran into heavy snow about a mile or more from the Horse Camp, right around 3100 feet. Shouldn't take too long with this stretch of weather though to clear up.

Thanks to big-ted from BC for tagging along, hope you had a good ride!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Come ride with me! (Tomorrow, Friday!)-falls-creek-wit-rob-stead-bc-041.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Muesl
    Great ride, beautiful day, but we ran into heavy snow about a mile or more from the Horse Camp, right around 3100 feet. Shouldn't take too long with this stretch of weather though to clear up.

Thanks to big-ted from BC for tagging along, hope you had a good ride!
    I would not have gone out to Falls Creek without your mention of it.Thank you for the idea Charley.We went out Saturday.Great day...beautiful conditions.Even road the trail to the falls to stretch out the day a bit.Cheers!Michael
    Master of Laundry...Lord of Cleaning!

mtbr member
    Aye, a good day! Thanks for the guiding!

Looking through your pics I'm shocked to realise you were taking photos on the descent. We weren't exactly hanging around and now I realise you were riding one-handed a lot of the time!

Ended up going shuttling on Syncline and Post Canyon on Saturday, then heading to the Gilford Pinchot Forest yesterday before driving back to Van last night. Definitely a solid 3 days of riding, and a good sampler I think!

Thanks again!