Jan 2004

Check me out in the new BIKE mag

I'm in the Titec ad. Full page.

That was a good day riding.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack
    I'm in the Titec ad. Full page.

That was a good day riding.
    Sweet pic! The Mar. issue of BIKE just showed up on my front porch today! Is that Porc Rim? Page 053 in the Mar. 08 issue of BIKE for those who want to check out the pic from local OR talent.

Congrats on the ad, and would be cool to hook up with you guys sometime to ride. Sounds like you guys ride a bit of everything from XC to DH which is good by me and I especially would like to check out Growler's Gulch up in SW WA with you guys sometime.
    I've met "Flying J" and a couple of his bros' in the Tilly last year at Gales Cr CG, cool dudes.

I am looking forward to some good riding this weekend, just waiting for the babsysitter to show up. Hope you are able to get out this weekend as well.

JonG.
    Ride On!

Live 2 Ride
    Sorry. The only mag I read is MBA...

It would be cool to get my pic in there though...
    My Bike: '03 Specialized HardRock FrankenBike
    My Blog: http://http://kona0197.wordpress.com/

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jgusta
    Sweet pic! The Mar. issue of BIKE just showed up on my front porch today! Is that Porc Rim? Page 053 in the Mar. 08 issue of BIKE for those who want to check out the pic from local OR talent.

Congrats on the ad, and would be cool to hook up with you guys sometime to ride. Sounds like you guys ride a bit of everything from XC to DH which is good by me and I especially would like to check out Growler's Gulch up in SW WA with you guys sometime.
    I've met "Flying J" and a couple of his bros' in the Tilly last year at Gales Cr CG, cool dudes.

I am looking forward to some good riding this weekend, just waiting for the babsysitter to show up. Hope you are able to get out this weekend as well.

JonG.
    So you met Flyin' J? then your half way there. A lot of us ride everything. And yes that was porc rim last spring. What a great day! I even rode that slot up on LPS. been trying that for a few years and finally made it. Come ride with us anytime.

mtbr member
    So you met Flyin' J? then your half way there. A lot of us ride everything. And yes that was porc rim last spring. What a great day! I even rode that slot up on LPS. been trying that for a few years and finally made it. Come ride with us anytime.
    That would great, thanks for the invite!

I rode Little Maui/Moab (hike-cycle about half of it)/Crybaby/Hidden Valley, then back up Jeep Trail/Little Moab today for a couple of hours solo and the trails are all in great shape besides being quite windy on the ridge,. The weather was primo, flowers are just starting to come out and it was all blue skies and an awesome red sky illuminating the trail at dusk while blasting down Little Moab. The only bad thing about today was the other 20+ cars in the parking lot and groups of hikers not wanting to budge off the trail while riding up, even at 4pm tonight and there is still a few inches of old snow up top on Rattlesnake Ridge, otherwise great pre-spring riding with the best trail conditions so far this winter.

JonG
    Ride On!

Nat
    Solo contendre
    You rode The Slot??? Nice work! I merely tip-toed down it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    It was a challenge for sure. We had like 30 riders and only like 5 tried it and only i made it. First try. It's hard to even walk down.

Can't wait to get back there and see if it was a fluke.

Nat
    Solo contendre
    It was a challenge for sure. We had like 30 riders and only like 5 tried it and only i made it. First try. It's hard to even walk down.

Can't wait to get back there and see if it was a fluke.
    It hadn't even occurred to me to ride it. I was scared just walking down it. I pictured missing that hard right turn at the tree and...oh...DYING!

mtbr member
    Wow,
    If I got my picture in a national magazine I would probably buy copies and give them to total strangers. Proclaiming myself best mountainbiker in all the land. Nah, I'm not a douchebag.
    NO SHIRT
    NO SHOES
    NO DICE

What day are we riding?
    OK, you need to post it up.

Don't get BIKE and , sorry, not going to buy it to see your pic.

Impressive on the Slot ride. Not even thinking of attempting it anytime soon.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Here you go.

And it was nice meeting you at the Soverign trail
    Attached Images Attached Images