VP/ Terrain Designer

Castle Rock Rippin'

Had a quick rip down the Castle rock and king Castle trails. Pretty epic conditions for late December; only 1 downed tree. Sorry bout the shaky video.

Castle Rock Rippin' from Nick Braun on Vimeo.

Braun Enterprises LLC, Building Cool Stuff

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Nice vid - didn't seem too shaky to me. In relation to the landscape, it was cool to see the transition from under the tree canopy (i.e. darker & shady) to the more open shots where the blue sky and sun shown thru. Also, was this line an up and same trail back down? I'm from CO (new to Bend, OR) and would like to now where this trail is and details about it? Thanks dude.

Making fat cool since '71
    You CAN ride up King/Castle, but it's soooo much better to just grind the road and blast the trail, plus that equals less traffic on the downs, but I'm being fully selfish in that regard.

It's a good one.

Brock...
    Are the wheels roundish? Ride it.

Disciples Of Dirt, come ride with us.

troubled economist
    Nice vid, Nick, thanks for sharing.
    dig...

Singletrack Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ Mars View Post
    Nice vid - didn't seem too shaky to me. In relation to the landscape, it was cool to see the transition from under the tree canopy (i.e. darker & shady) to the more open shots where the blue sky and sun shown thru. Also, was this line an up and same trail back down? I'm from CO (new to Bend, OR) and would like to now where this trail is and details about it? Thanks dude.
    Love this trail. It is near McKenzie Bridge. Makes a good two-fer when coming down from Portland or Bend.

VP/ Terrain Designer
    well myself, and my big bike like to get a lift to the top; but if ya have a pedaling bike, the road isn't bad. There are some sweet little nuggets in this area. I'd like to know more about the O'Leary and O'Lallie trails?
    Braun Enterprises LLC, Building Cool Stuff

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Man, you guys are all wusses. Riding the road is about three times too long and epically boring. The way to ride this is to ride up the trail, because then at least you can inspect everything and it's a pretty mild slope in a lot of places. If you're going to wuss out at all, you should at least only do so after you've climbed the road crossing (just before the King-Castle trail ends and the Castle Rock trails junction is).

If you're trying to avoid "traffic" or just want to ride a really *****in' trail, you should check out the lower half of Castle Rock (take the downhill path that says "O'Leary", the first part is a really steep, worn out downhill and the second half is a slow elevation drop through beautiful, serene landscape with lots of dips and rocks to throw you off! Very fun and is actually my go to trail these days. I barely even summit Castle Rock these days cause I prefer heading out the lower half of Castle Rock and checking out other trails like Echo (very unused), the very bottom of O'Leary or just doing an out-and-back on lower CR.

In all seriousness, nice video. Glad to see someone else is loving these trails as much as I am!