mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Cars Broken Into At Rogers Staging Area

While riding motos this evening my F150 driver side rear window was busted out and my buddy's Subaru rear hatch window was busted out as well. We both lost gear bags and he also had his wallet taken too.

I parked there yesterday and mtb'd the loop without an issue, sometimes it ain't your day I suppose. I almost never stage there to mtb and use gales instead to be a bit further from the highway but got lazy.

just an FYI because I hadn't heard about break-ins there for a while...

Obviously Single
    That sucks. Sorry to hear about your truck. Were there other people around in the parking lot when this happened? That place can be kind of empty on week days.
    The Lee-Man

A witty saying proves nothing. -- Voltaire

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Just one mtb'er getting ready to ride around the same time as us... He was already gone when we returned. The sheriff said about a half dozen vehicles were broken into yesterday in tillamook.

mtbr member
    Do you think Gales is a safer parking area? I figured since it was more secluded and less used that it would be a bigger target.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I've parked at Gales hundreds of times and never had an issue and don't have that inner worry as I do at Rogers or anywhere else off the 6... I think the fact that it's a bit more of an effort to get to from the highway makes it a safer even though it is more secluded. Also, having a campground there might help?

In the end having no valuables in the vehicle will help to minimize losses in the event it does happen though. Even then, my buddies window was >$400 and mine is going to be around $200 which seriously sucks.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Since a fair number of people do leave valuables in their rigs and the tweakers know that, there will always be break ins.