mtbr member

Cantellia Falls in November

It was time once again to go to Cantellia Falls. The 5.5 mile creekside trail leading there was a good warmup for the brutal climb that is the 'gradual' Cantellia Falls trail. We encountered three hiking groups when on the Cantellia trail, oddly enough hadn't seen any on the other trail. I didn't take a lot of pics, maybe MaxSteel, Caz, or Bob will have taken some more to add. The group was only five strong, but a good group of jokers - Ian, Max, Caz, Bob and I. Great folks, great ride.

1. Ian was all steamed up over something
    2. Behind the Falls
    3 Behind the Falls - again
    4. Ghost of MaxSteel
    5. Take this bike and toss it
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mudflaps; 11-25-2007 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Misspelling corrections.

DOD Member
    I wondered how those pics at the falls would turn out. Pretty cool I think. I didn't even bring my camera.

My knee is feeling pretty good today, quite a bit better than yesterday.
    MaxSteel

meatier showers
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxSteel
    What happened to your knee, Max? Are you not turning enough young wimmins over it again?

--Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

mtbr member
    I wondered how those pics at the falls would turn out. Pretty cool I think. I didn't even bring my camera.

Glad to hear the knee's better. Got your message just before I headed out so didn't reply then. We missed you yesterday in the snow.

mtbr member
    Great ride boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Known Mountainbiker
    Mmmmmm. Cantellia Falls.

Let's Ride!

Ummmm......

Camera on acid.

Caz.

P.S. It's still a new camera; I'll figure it out by spring.
    I am a Mountain Biker therefore I am late

DOD Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus
    What happened to your knee, Max? Are you not turning enough young wimmins over it again?

--Sparty

That's what I'm doing wrong!! My wife will just have to learn to understand that I'm spanking wimmins for my health.

It's just a light sprain/bruise. Today on the commute it was a little weak when standing, but seated I didn't feel any discomfort. I'll be on the trail next weekend.
    MaxSteel

meatier showers
    ... I'll be on the trail next weekend.
    Good then, because the weather (as well as the trails) will be AWESOME next weekend! Less go ride summa thet thar good stuff, brutha Steel.

--Sparty

P.S. I spent a swell night in Chester at Black Canyon CG last Saturday night following a great mountain bike ride. If you've got a minute I'll tell ya a story. Okay I'm gonna tell it whether you've got the minute or not. Here goes...

On Saturday we rode #1910/Alpine and the climb kicked my sorry butt. (Just in case MTBR's anti-linguistics filter changes the above word to "****", I said "b-u-t-t".) Anyway following the ride, which was downright AWESOME in spite of the butt kicking inflicted upon my sorry body, several of us DOD-types went to Mazatlan Mexican Restaurante in beautiful downtown Oakridge to stuff our gullets with summa their dang fine Mexican vittles, which we proceeded to do after the ride, and we did oh yes we did.

Then I drove to Black Canyon CG to drink an Obsidian Stout and wind down prior to enjoying a good night's sleep out in the dark, Oregon woods. On the way to the campground, I looked at Chester's dashboard clock. Well, first you must realize that I had not set Chester's clock to standard time because I had not "utilized" Chester since Barbie Camp, and Barbie Camp happened back when we were still on Daylight Time. But anyway my broken down, tired brain did not make this time/space continuum connection, so when the clock said 6:45pm on my drive to the campground, I assumed it was correct.

I drank my beer while on a walk through dark, abandoned Black Canyon Campground with Richard and Bianca. After our walk, Richard asked me if I wanted to come over to his and ML's palatial 30-something foot RV and watch a movie on the big screen TV while eating microwave popcorn or something like that. Impressed as I was, I politely declined, acknowledging that I needed a good night's rest, preferably in the 12-hour range. Following our walk and beer drinking, I assumed the current time to be in the neighborhood of 8 or 8:30pm.

So I climbed in my van and proceeded to get ready for bed. As I was getting into bed, I looked at my cell phone's clock. It read 6:53pm. Wha...?!? It was then that I realized Chester's clock I'd looked at previously was an hour fast.

6:53pm is the earliest I've gone to bed since I was 8 years old. (Well, except for that one time I passed out at Barbie Camp after going after the keg beginning around 2pm. But I don't want to talk about that.)

Whatever. I was in bed at 6:53pm so I closed my eyes and listened to the river, the highway and the trains go by. I slept until 7:30am the next morning so I guess I musta needed the rest.

The next morning I awoke to a better world. Ahhhhh.... life is good.
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

Cheezy Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by cazloco

Camera on acid.

Acid or not, very cool pic!

DOD Member
    It isn't the camera, or the operators fault. That's how fast I am!!
    MaxSteel