mtbr member
    Mar 2010

campgrounds near black rock

hey just wondering if there was any good spots to camp near black rock?

mtbr member
    hit up the black rock web page i think there might be some info on it about camping locations.

Www.rvmba.org
    Feb 2009
    If I am not mistaken. You used to be able to camp anywhere at BR. up to 7 days.

mtbr member
    Black Rock, or "George T. Gerlinger Exp. Forest" is public property so camping is allowed on the mountain itself, however the problem with that is there is no overnight parking in the current parking lot allocated for Black Rock users. There are several locations in Falls City that offer camping opportunities, there is also a local family that has cleared some of their property to offer people another camping alternative. I just went to the website and I know at one point we had a "where to stay" section either in the forums or on the sidebar, but I don't see it know. If you'd like I could ask him if they have their facilities available this spring as it is a little early in the camping season and then give you his contact information. When is it that you would be coming?

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I'm curious too. I have a VW Westfalia van and want to come over to camp and ride.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    i think we planned on going sometime between the 22nd and 27th. it will only be for one night

MattSavage
    If you stay at Boondock's late enough, you can probably get away with sleeping in their parking lot...
    "I wrote a hit play! What have you ever done?!"

Have Ashtray, Will Travel....