The Dude Abides

Brown's Camp not ready for prime time

I headed out to Brown's Camp on Sunday thinking that after last week's warm weather the snow would be melted.

I was wrong

Still some very long patches for hard, crunchy snow. I didn't make it very far before turning around. I guess it will take a few more weeks of warm weather before it's ridable.

Eric
    This aggression will not stand, man.

AW_
    locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by theeric
    I headed out to Brown's Camp on Sunday thinking that after last week's warm weather the snow would be melted.

I was wrong

Still some very long patches for hard, crunchy snow. I didn't make it very far before turning around. I guess it will take a few more weeks of warm weather before it's ridable.

Eric
    Thanks for the feedback. Did you try the stuff on the other side of the road - Gales Creek?

Obviously Single

Patience ...

Historic Hiking Trail is always the last trail in Tilly to dry up.

It usually gets pounded, and since it doesn't have as much mulch on the trail, it gets muddier and stays muddier.

Even accross the highway, on Gales Creek/Story Burn, it's still too wet and muddy.

I know we all want to avoid putting huge ruts in the trails, as that funks up the trails *and* gives us a bad name with hikers and land managers.

Next time, keep going on out to the Visitor's Center. The Wilson River Trail is sweet (and unused) this time of year! I had a great ride with my friend Tim_fsr out there Sunday. (If only I hadn't forgotten my riding shoes! LOL)
    The Lee-Man

A witty saying proves nothing. -- Voltaire

Look at the time!
    half of Gales Creek / Storey Burn was still under a huge load of snow last weekend. knee deep (literally) on some stretches.
    wanted: Cannondale Lefty w/ V-brake studs

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeMan
    Historic Hiking Trail is always the last trail in Tilly to dry up.

It usually gets pounded, and since it doesn't have as much mulch on the trail, it gets muddier and stays muddier.

Even accross the highway, on Gales Creek/Story Burn, it's still too wet and muddy.

I know we all want to avoid putting huge ruts in the trails, as that funks up the trails *and* gives us a bad name with hikers and land managers.

Next time, keep going on out to the Visitor's Center. The Wilson River Trail is sweet (and unused) this time of year! I had a great ride with my friend Tim_fsr out there Sunday. (If only I hadn't forgotten my riding shoes! LOL)
    Tell that to the horse riders. They ruin the trails a lot worse than bikes. Not saying i want rut's.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    anyone been out there in the last few days? jonesing for a ride and hoping for some good news, but I expect this rain has re-soaked anything that had dried out,