Shamisen Appreciator
    Jan 2004

Brown's Camp Conditions 2006.04.24

It's silly good. I just got back from a ride and the trails are almost perfect. Only a few spots with a slight trickle of water but they're all less than 30ft long. I'll probably head back out on Thursday.

If anyone wants to ride, post here or PM me.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by smudge
    It's silly good. I just got back from a ride and the trails are almost perfect. Only a few spots with a slight trickle of water but they're all less than 30ft long. I'll probably head back out on Thursday.

If anyone wants to ride, post here or PM me.
    I here ya, I rode Brown's the first time this year on Sat. and it was great!! Not another biker on the trail, only a couple of hikers near the falls and moto-heads galore as usual on the weekends. I was pretty surprised no-one was out there biking. It was so good, I am heading out tomorrow after work (early) to beat traffic there and back. Probably will do two loops or add upper Gales (Storey Burn) to it.

Any takers for a ride late afternoon tomorrow (Tues), thinking about heading out by 3p from P-town and riding 4-6pm? PM me or call 503-312-3443 (Jon)

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Hey guys- how crowded is this trail on the wknd? want to bring my dog up, but have only ridden during the week and rarely see folks. can be a hassle for everyone if there are bunch of people on the trail...

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    It gets more crowded, nothing insane but you may want to consider all the guys riding around on dirtbikes and atvs.

mtbr member

Good job! awsome trail

I rode Browns for the first time on saturday...awesome trail. Been here about a year and this is the first trail I've ridden in the NW that reminds me of Utah...rocky, rooty technical fun. Rode the historical loop, clockwise from Rogers. Perfect distance for my dog - and all the streams are a big plus for him (and me). That first hill kicked my a$$ though, thought I was gonna puke a lung!

I was a little put off by all the motorcycles in the parking lot, but was pleasantly surprised that I didn't see them again until I was done with the loop (although you could hear them and gunshots in the distance).

Dumb question, but did I ride the official "browns camp" trail? I saw some signs for Browns camp, but don't remember riding through it, per say. Are there any recommended side loops or options? Seems like there could be a lot of good trails in the area.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Yes you did. Try gales creek campground, theres quite a few good trails down there, its about 1/2 mile before browns on the right. I like Storey Burn myself, lots of ups and downs. The best thing about gales is the lack of gunshots, motorcycles, and empty budlight cans.

mtbr member
    Yeah, I saw some cars with bike racks parked there on the way to Browns. I'll check it out. Thanks.