mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Browns camp conditions for 1-7-12???

I was thinking of making a lap around Rogers camp historical trail this weekend. Any report on current conditions? I was hoping the snow would be melted with the warm weather we've had.

mtbr member
    I don't remember what the condistions were like on January 7th, but the weather looks pretty good for this weekend. I've always felt the Gales Creek Trail from the highway down to the CG, Storeyburn trails and Sickter Lars held up good in wet conditions, although the Gales Creek can be pretty greasy and the roots and logs on Sickter Lars are slick. The other trails on the South side of Hwy 6 are usually muddy this time of year.
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Brown's camp will have some snow. The Storey burn climb out from Gales Creek had about 6 inches of pack snow last Saturday and full of footbprints. Hopefully that would have melted, but it is a north facing canyon...
    2011 Santa Cruz Blur LTc
    2005 KHS DJ200
    2005 Rocky Mountain ETSX-70 (stolen)

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I ran into a guy at the LBS you said most of the rogers camp and story burn still have snow as of 1-4-11.
    I guess I'm glad I went to scappoose for the first time. Now I just need to learn how to navigate that place.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Was anyone riding this last weekend? Are all the trails clear of snow and blow down? Im wanting to go hit it later this week, but dont want to waste a day if its no good right now. Thanks for the update.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Interested as well. Otherwise it will be hagg lake

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    WRT was in great shape last weekend, but the taller coastal peaks have new snow since the rain started again. Could be fine at the Brown's Camp elevation, but I would bet it is a muddy mess in several spots.
    2011 Santa Cruz Blur LTc
    2005 KHS DJ200
    2005 Rocky Mountain ETSX-70 (stolen)