mtbr member

Bloody Moonrise Over Jiminy Cricket

Eight intrepid souls gathered last night at Whypass for adventures in Frud (frozen mud)

We spent a couple hours out with lots of regroups, one crash (thanks to my hydration pack for injury prevention, landing upside down and backwards!) and a sum total of 10 miles travelled. We were moving at the pace of real slackers and were bagging on ourselves, until we realized we were the ones actually out doing something, as opposed to riding the couch.

I snapped a couple pics of the moonrise, with the help of Sas guiding me on my camera's menu.

The first pic used a 30 second exposure.

The second used a 60 second exposure.

I used a small jointed tripod wrapped around a young tree, there was some movement as a result of the conditions, but golly gee, I'd omitted bringing the big tripod!
    No pics of riders in motion, you'll just have to use your imagination.

Flaps

meatier showers
    Yo 'Flaps -- great ride last night for us to say "adios" to the fruck 'n frud (frozen muck & frozen mud). Funny how we didn't want to leave the post-ride mini-party at the gravel pile in spite of the bitter cold (~24F). Good times will not be denied even in the face of adversity.

Hey, coodja e-me the 60 second exposure? I'd like to add it to my DOD screensaver slideshow pic pile.

Thankee,
    Sparty

P.S. Are we riding on Sunday? Brice Creek?
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus
    Yo 'Flaps -- great ride last night for us to say "adios" to the fruck 'n frud (frozen muck & frozen mud). Funny how we didn't want to leave the post-ride mini-party at the gravel pile in spite of the bitter cold (~24F). Good times will not be denied even in the face of adversity.

Hey, coodja e-me the 60 second exposure? I'd like to add it to my DOD screensaver slideshow pic pile.

Thankee,
    Sparty

P.S. Are we riding on Sunday? Brice Creek?
    It's in your inbox.
    If it's snowing enough, well....

Flaps

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Great ride, great group, great time. Who would think we could ride Whypass in January and not have any puddles to ride through? I don't know if we'll ever get conditions like that at this time of year.

Thanks to all. Great time!

And I get bonus points for seeing 'Flappy's crash!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Thanks!

Great Ride. Thanks for the push to get out. Don't envy Paul/Scott out there today.

DOD Member
    Scott and Paul actually had pretty good weather today. It kind of drizzled, but never really rained while I was there. Scott stayed another 2 hours,,,, The Fruck and Frud were inconsistent today. I would say mostly frozen, but at times there were puddles, and some squishy goin' on.

By the time I was back in town the rain was pretty heavy. I'm thinking all that moisture is going to make for some fine ski conditions tomorrow. So far only Ted and Me. Still have room. Leaving town at 7am...gonna make fresh tracks.
    MaxSteel

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention that Friday night was the debut of my new Amoeba lights. I love them! Here's how small they are: I had borrowed Sasquatch's Amoeba light, and when I gave it back to him and it was sitting on top of his car, he was looking at it and saying, "Hey, Al, where's my light?" The light's so small, he thought the actual light was just the base on which you mount the light. An acute case of cranial flatulence, eh, 'Squatch?

Anyway, they put out some powerful, natural looking light at a great price. What was that term you used, 'Flaps, CRI -- color resolution index?

LED's are here to stay, baby! If you're interested, check out Scar's thread on the bike lights forum: ~1000 lumens helmet mounted

With the weather we've had since Saturday morning, the conditions we had Friday night are long gone.

Al

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Albee
    Anyway, they put out some powerful, natural looking light at a great price. What was that term you used, 'Flaps, CRI -- color resolution index?

LED's are here to stay, baby! If you're interested, check out Scar's thread on the bike lights forum: ~1000 lumens helmet mounted

Al
    CRI = Color Rendering Index, a measure of how near to sunlight the emitted light is, (as measured in color temperature - degrees Kelvin, for those who care), and subsequently, how "natural looking" illuminated objects appear to be.

Dang, that recent schooling was good for some really obscure bits of knowledge : Ta-dum dum...

Flaps