• 02-13-2013
    tristan
    BLM Survey (the squeaky wheel gets oiled)
    BLM is seeking input regarding Rec. use in western oregon. Probably won;t make a difference but putting a plug in for bike trails couldn't hurt.

took a minute and a half.

Recreation Activities and Location Survey Oregon/Washington BLM
  • 02-13-2013
    GlowBoy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tristan View Post
    BLM is seeking input regarding Rec. use in western oregon. Probably won;t make a difference but putting a plug in for bike trails couldn't hurt.

took a minute and a half.

Recreation Activities and Location Survey Oregon/Washington BLM

Done.

At least I hope so. Got a 404 not found error as soon as I hit Submit though.
  • 02-14-2013
    rob_co2
    Done.

While I like camping, hiking, and other activities, I purposely did not select any of those in hopes that the mtn biking statistic might shine a little brighter, plus I'm sure they will get plenty of attention from others.
  • 02-14-2013
    Sasquatch McGee
    Quote:

Originally Posted by rob_co2 View Post
    Done.

While I like camping, hiking, and other activities, I purposely did not select any of those in hopes that the mtn biking statistic might shine a little brighter, plus I'm sure they will get plenty of attention from others.

Yeah, I did the same, but I did add camping, who knows, maybe they will put a camp ground in at Sandy Ridge... not that that area is in short supply.
  • 02-14-2013
    TheotherH
    Done (representing your northern neighbors who love the mtn biking in Oregon!).
  • 02-14-2013
    benja55
    Done! Can't hurt, could help.
  • 02-14-2013
    poppa#1
    Thanks for the link. I am always fearful that trail access will just get worse... under the radar has been the best policy so far. Does anyone remember Syncline in the 90's? Change may be inevitiable, but it usually sucks hard. Not the good way either.
  • 02-15-2013
    Sasquatch McGee
    What was syncline like in the 90's?
    I have heard a lot of people talk about how some many trails here have changed, and most not for the better. But being some what new here, I have no reference on the change, all I know, is the what got here is 1000000 times better then what I had in Ohio!
  • 02-15-2013
    jgusta
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Sasquatch McGee View Post
    Yeah, I did the same, but I did add camping, who knows, maybe they will put a camp ground in at Sandy Ridge... not that that area is in short supply.

Done, same here in regards to mtb/trail access requests only.
  • 02-17-2013
    Undies
    Done! I was surprised to find a MTB icon next to some recreation sites I'd never even heard of. I will need to spend some time on the BLM web site.
  • 02-17-2013
    WHALENARD
    Donesky! Thanks for the link. Not usually impressed with what the BLM does with our public land or money though...