Thread: Black Rock?

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Black Rock?

Hey I was wondering if anyone is riding Black Rock this weekend Oct. 10th -13th? I have never been up there. I have a 4 day weekend and want to ride. From what I have seen and heard it seems awesome. I just need some more info. Anything will help. Where is a good place to camp for free around the area? How is the push to the top of the freeride/downhill trails?

Thanks,
    Kevin

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    well i guess i'll respond. trails are in good shape. the push to the top is easy. trails are well marked and there is always someone there.

check the brmba web site for camping info and all info

mtbr member
    I was hoping someone would pipe up with some good camping. There is pretty good camping near the Shelburg falls freeride area. We have ridden that one day, camped and gone to BR the next. I am not sure if the campground closes for the winter however.
    Only two infinite things exist: the universe and stupidity. And, I am unsure of the universe
    - Albert Einstein

mtbr member

test

It's related.. Just want to see if this works now.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Giggity
    I was hoping someone would pipe up with some good camping. There is pretty good camping near the Shelburg falls freeride area. We have ridden that one day, camped and gone to BR the next. I am not sure if the campground closes for the winter however.
    You can camp anywhere around the trails up there. It's public land.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon
    It's related.. Just want to see if this works now.

Dude thats my Dads red 4runner in your video.. nice.

mtbr member
    Well, the only issues with that is there is no overnight parking allowed in our parking lot. However, if someone were to get into contact with one of us BRMBA board members or trail manager and someone else was camping up there that weekend, something may be able to be worked out to camp in our camping area on the mountain.