Thread: Bionicon Demo

mangai.rollin

Bionicon Demo

Hey all,

Bionicon's Mobile Shredquarters is in the NW this week. We're putting together a ride and demo event at Syncline in Bingen, WA on Sun, Jan 31st.

RSVP to put dibs on the bike and size you want.

If you're not familiar with Bionicon, check them out. They have an interesting suspension design that allows the rider to adjust the bike's geometry on the fly to adapt to changing terrain.

mangai.rollin & Bionicon USA
    '10 Ibis Mojo SL
    www.mangai-rollin.com We are hiring
    pdx mtb

mtbr member
    Please be kind to our winter trail system. The doubletrack was a mess last weekend, but should be a bit better by Sunday. The singletrack isn't too bad.
    This computer system is not intended for use in the operation of nuclear facilities. -Mac

mangai.rollin
    Thx for the heads-up. Any certain trails to steer clear of completely?
    I'm thinking about mostly riding up and down little moab.
    ...and being winter, the event being late-notice and all, I doubt we'll get more than 10 riders.
    If we do get a large crowd, we'll have 4-5 guides to lead people off in diff directions.

Hey, since you've got local knowledge, how's the Hospital Hill network and the ridge connector that connects over to Syncline? I was considering taking some folks up there but figured the snow cover may be too deep up there.
    Cheers,
    .matthew
    '10 Ibis Mojo SL
    pdx mtb

mtbr member
    There hasn't been a lot of rain this week, but I haven't been out since last Sunday (I might be able to get out this Sunday morning). Little Moab should be fine, although the lower section might be greasy. A great short loop is up Maui and down Moab. Generally even Maui is dryer than the double-track. If you have to walk around a couple of short muddy sections, that's better than riding through them, or riding around and widening the traili.

As long as the bottom 100 yds or so of Coyote isn't too bad, the rest of that trail is good as either an up-and-back, or loop from the top of the Syncline, if you've got someone to show you the traverse. The loop is about 2,200 ft of climbing, and takes us about 90 minutes, car-to-car. One issue that some of the landowners have with bikers is shuttlers parking along upper Courtney Rd. I pedal uphill, but for those that feel they must shuttle, be aware that you're not doing us any favors, there. We may lose Coyote, anyway.

Don't worry about snow, now. We got snowed on a bit near the top of Hospital Hill last Sunday, but that should be gone, and wouldn't have been enough to worry about, anyway. There are sections on Hospital Hill that are more east and north facing, so it will be wetter than the Syncline Trails. The HH to Syncline traverse is definitely do-able, if it's not too wet.
    This computer system is not intended for use in the operation of nuclear facilities. -Mac

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

I see

Shuttlers heading up and down ripping up the wet trails. I hope you rescheduled or at least did some trail work

mtbr member
    Nov 2009

No Shuttles

no shuttles on Bionicons, this is earn your DH day...
    Please bring your own pedals.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnram
    no shuttles on Bionicons, this is earn your DH day...
    Please bring your own pedals.
    Great, I always approve of earning your turns. I'll look for you guys if I make it out in the morning.

mangai.rollin
    All the dh/fr crowd that I know are at BlackRock tomorrow. This will be an xc/am event w/ plenty of climbing.
    '10 Ibis Mojo SL
    pdx mtb

ronbo613
    Hey, since you've got local knowledge, how's the Hospital Hill network and the ridge connector that connects over to Syncline?
    The trails are very wet and muddy. There is still snow in shaded areas higher up; the melting snow adding to the mud.

Please be kind to our winter trail system.
    X2