Thread: Biker down

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Biker down

Hello all. This should be in a road bike forum but I will post there later. First of all let me start by saying she is home and healing ok. My sisterinlaw lives in St. Helens and was on Hwy 30 bike commuting to Potland on Tues. in the a.m. and next thing she knew she awoke in the Hospital. If anyone in the area saw anything it would be helpful as she does not remember anything about the accident. She suffered a fractured skull, broken clavicle, two broken ribs and a torn ear. We are thinking with those injuries a car may have been involved. If anyone can help it would be great. By the way her name is Angie and she works for Chris King in Portland. Please wish her well.

Making fat cool since '71
    Holy shite...healing vibes bro...healing vibes. I wish I could help.

Brock...
    Are the wheels roundish? Ride it.

Disciples Of Dirt, come ride with us.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Thanks for the good vibes ImaKlyde she can use them. Hey I grew up with a Brock in Calif. in San Rafael. Not a common name. Not you is it?

Making fat cool since '71
    Not me. I'm too ugly for San Rafael.

"Torn ear" reads pretty gruesome (not that fractured skull sounds like a picnic)...good luck to her in recovery.

Brock...
    Are the wheels roundish? Ride it.

Disciples Of Dirt, come ride with us.

meatier showers
    Bad news. Best to her. I'm in Eugene... didn't see anything, but she has my sympathy and wishes for a quick & complete recovery.

--Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

it means 'no problem'
    Sympathies and "get well soon" wishes from Bend. Sorry can't help either. Bad enough when bikes get hit and the driver stays on scene, this is unimaginable. May she recover fully and I hope the miscreant that committed this crime is caught and punished.
    "“May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view." - Edward Abbey

Let's roll.
    I can't count the number of close calls I've seen on HWY 30. Cars going way too fast around those bends, cutting into bike paths to keep their speed up. Unbelievable.

Hope she feels better soon.
    Bend, Oregon. Proof you don't have to die to get to heaven.

Cheezy Rider
    So sorry to hear this. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

ride the moment
    That really sucks. I know the "thankfully it wasn't worse" response is not always what you want to hear, but if she got hit by a car I'm glad she's not paralyzed or dead.

Maybe try posting on Craigslist and also contacting local cycling groups... I understand the roadie groups in PDX are pretty well organized.
    Just because you read a book it don't make you conscious. - MC Lush

Respect Your Trails

Best

I'm rarely in that part on the city. Wish I could give some input but my commute is all SE.
    Speedy recovery and I hope some info breaks for you!

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    that licks, hope she getts better soon and back on the saddle. tell her to catch the healing vibes from stayton

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

thanks

Thanks all for the good thoughts and vibes. She is home and doing well and in good spirits. Fortunately all her injuries are fast healers and there was no internal bleeding of the head. She says she looks like she has a really bad cauliflower ear but laughed about it. Thanks again from her and me.

Tree Hugger
    I hope she recovers soon, and is back on the bike again before winter!

I assume you never heard from any witnesses?
    I love mankind - it's people I can't stand. ~Charles M. Schulz

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

Unbelievable!

Regardless of who's fault it was how can you hit someone and just let them lay in the street hurt? Isn't there a time where just being a human is more important then a lawsuit or ticket? Maybe it is all the crazy litigation now a days that freaks people out and turns them into animals. Pray and hope she recovers like new

Jaybo

mtbr member
    Best wishes to her for a speedy, and complete, recovery. Healing vibes from many in Eugene.