mtbr member
    May 2013

Bike tour across Oregon

Looking for any input/thoughts on a bikepack trip starting from the Wallowas and ending in Brookings. I'm very familiar with the Bend to Oakridge area. Not so much with the eastern parts. Should be roughly 650 miles give or take and I'm looking to mix some dirt/gravel/singletrack/paved backroads etc. Willing to listen to any suggestions of roads or must rides. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Definitely visit VeloDirt. And Limberlost - Explore the 33rd with Limberlost. And I would suggest reaching out directly to Donnie (velodirt) and Gabe (limberlost) who are the authorities on eastern Oregon bikepacking.

mtbr member
    Try working in the Elkhorn Crest Trail in the Blue Mountains. Possibly one of the most scenic trails in Oregon that we can legally ride.
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    . . . also forgot to mention you may want to check the new website Oregon Bikepacking, which launces next week. Good folks behind that.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    I am almost certain that there is a way to ride from Joseph Oregon to Oxbow Oregon. I have been through that area many years ago and it was simply beautiful. I have tried to google earth it and found a way. I think. (hard to tell if the road is open to the public that way.) I would love to do it someday. Here is another thought. Hells Canyon National Recreation Area - Biking | GORP.com

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Yeah after I posted that I realized that is not what you are looking for but still some good riding.

mtbr member
    May 2013

Bike tour across Oregon

Thanks for some great resources! We are just in the planning stages now but getting out to eastern Oregon is a pain. It's looking more like a train ride to Klamath Falls and meander out way up the cascades down to portland. This eliminates one travel day and saves some cash as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk