Dude, got any schwag?

Bends Big Fat Tour

The trails are in superb condition with all the rain. El Sol is scheduled to come out tomorrow. Kind of like riding fresh POW after the storm breaks. Get off yer arses, put down the team kit and the HRM and come out for some real fun. This is one of the premier events in the NW. Don't miss it.
    Billy

Speed is sweet, it's like an avenue to
    ... Shredtopia!

mtbr member
    It's a POW day on the trails for sure. Get in where you fit in. Sounds like I will be riding solo today, but there's nothing wrong with that......slow and low that is the tempo.

Just ate a fat breakfast, had my coffee and am ready to put on my wool, get on my bike, and leave for the trails from my front door. Life in Bend ain't half bad. TGIF!!

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

They should call

The Big Bend Monkey Tail Tour! That many miles on a bike seat would not be fun. Can you say saddle sore? No, it does sound fun.

Jaybo

mtbr member
    @ Jaybo: BBFT beats sitting in front of the PC dissin' on people out riding their bikes.

@ all the peeps who have been slaying sick trail this weekend......Who needs brakes when you have hook-and-loop for tire and tread? Hope you're all having as much fun as I have been. I'm heading out for more tomorrow. Slay on!!!
    Last edited by BIGfatED; 10-18-2009 at 12:21 AM.

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

Very tiring

[QUOTE=BIGfatED]@ Jaybo: BBFT beats sitting in front of the PC dissin' on people out riding their bikes.

People like you are so annoying! Like a 12-year-old girl who is offended by everything and anything. I was not dissing anyone I was just saying for me riding 95 miles on a mountain bike would hurt my tail. Chill out.

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=Jaybo]
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGfatED
    @ Jaybo: BBFT beats sitting in front of the PC dissin' on people out riding their bikes.

People like you are so annoying! Like a 12-year-old girl who is offended by everything and anything. I was not dissing anyone I was just saying for me riding 95 miles on a mountain bike would hurt my tail. Chill out.
    It's not about being offended, it's about making an observation. Some people like to ride bikes, and others like to talk about riding bikes. Get in where you fit in.

You can get bed sores from laying there to long.....just sayin'
    Last edited by BIGfatED; 10-18-2009 at 09:55 AM.

meatier showers
    Can't get in if he don't fit in.

--Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus
    Can't get in if he don't fit in.

--Sparty
    got it!

meatier showers

Example

I looked "hypocrisy" up in the dictionary. The following example was offered to illustrate the word:

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybo
    Some folks just hate anyone unlike them.

Jaybo
    Next I think I'll look up "paranoid schizophrenia" and "megalomania."

--Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

Huh

[QUOTE=BIGfatED]

It's not about being offended, it's about making an observation. Some people like to ride bikes, and others like to talk about riding bikes. Get in where you fit in.

You can get bed sores from laying there to long.....just sayin'
    I usually ride my bike 5 days a week. I just don't like to ride a mountain bike 95 miles because my butt would light on fire after 50. It is that simple. You like to ride 95 miles on a bike do it and then brag about it. Good for you!

Jaybo

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=Jaybo]
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGfatED

I usually ride my bike 5 days a week. I just don't like to ride a mountain bike 95 miles because my butt would light on fire after 50. It is that simple. You like to ride 95 miles on a bike do it and then brag about it. Good for you!

Jaybo
    Bottom line: I surf this forum to learn more about bikes, share my experiences with bikes, meet people who are stoked on building and trying new bikes, and most of all I surf this forum to meet people who are stoked on riding bikes. I don't get on this forum to tell people how small minded (ie, monkey) they are for doing such long rides, or how much I think my a$$ would hurt if I did such a ride.

My glass is half full and I'm always looking for ways to fill that glass with more good stuff. Stop trying to steal the FUN we are having, and go brag to someone else about your superior logic and lack of a$$ pain.

Happy trails.
    BFE
    Last edited by BIGfatED; 10-19-2009 at 11:39 PM.

it means 'no problem'
    Rock on BFE!

BBFT is not for everyone. There's those that know it's not for them without even trying it and those who try it once...

I had a great weekend! Thanks to everyone who participated, Sponsors, Vounteers and riders! YOU all make the tour what it is:

ABOUT THE RIDE.
    "“May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view." - Edward Abbey

Dude, got any schwag?
    That was the BEST ever!

(even with the Monkey Butt)
    Billy

Speed is sweet, it's like an avenue to
    ... Shredtopia!

zep
    mtbr member

Huge Thanks...BBFT was the best

Huge thanks, to the organizers (incl Cog Wild), and volunteers.

BBFT 2009 was spot-on. Excellent routes, great navigational marking, and fabulous support. Heck, we even got a break on the weather--it was warm! Only had to push through a few patches of snow. No dust, either.

The great singletrack was truly worth the effort. Will be back next year.
    Last edited by zep; 10-21-2009 at 12:45 PM.

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=BIGfatED]

Bottom line: I surf this forum to learn more about bikes, share my experiences with bikes, meet people who are stoked on building and trying new bikes, and most of all I surf this forum to meet people who are stoked on riding bikes. I don't get on this forum to tell people how small minded (ie, monkey) they are for doing such long rides, or how much I think my a$$ would hurt if I did such a ride.

My glass is half full and I'm always looking for ways to fill that glass with more good stuff. Stop trying to steal the FUN we are having, and go brag to someone else about your superior logic and lack of a$$ pain.

Happy trails.
    BFE
    Well put and a good reminder for all things about riding. That is why we rides bikes in the first place, to "fill the cup" that was depleted at work, home, life, etc. And you are tougher than me to all that did the BBFT. I don't mind suffering from time to time on bike, but I much prefer the comforts of a "good weather ride". I haven't ridden in the snow regularly since earlier college days in Montana, I am a wimp these days. Good on ya for those that finished and did the whole thing.

JG
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    Yeah, you could definitely feel the love this year - the weather was perfect, the trails in amazing condition and everyone was in the best mood thanks to reason 1 & 2. We had a great time being part of the weekend and can't wait until next year either!!
    Cog Wild Mountain Bike Tours
    Sponsored by Deschutes Brewery!!

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

Okay you joker

[QUOTE=BIGfatED][QUOTE=Jaybo]

No you are not! You are here to spew your closed minded garbarge. It hurts to ride a bike for 95 miles regardless of your desire to learn about bikes. LOL! But, if given opportunity you will jab at someone because of course you are just here to talk about bikes. Again, LOL! Oh, and it must be so cool to be so open minded. Laughing my arse off. Hypocrite!

Yes, you are such an awesome person. Mom must be proud because you don't talk about how a long ride might hurt your butt. Listen to yourself! It is laughable!

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Cog Wild
    Yeah, you could definitely feel the love this year - the weather was perfect, the trails in amazing condition and everyone was in the best mood thanks to reason 1 & 2. We had a great time being part of the weekend and can't wait until next year either!!
    Or, 'cuz I skipped it? I keed, I keed!
    (Mainly because I wasn't interested in the day 2 route at all. Though Friday and the revised Cache looked good.)

I was pleased to see and hear that it seems that some feedback from last year was taken into consideration and this year showed the benefits of that. Positive feedback definately on the revised Cache route. That surprise of great weather, etc couldn't have hurt though.

Any possibility to build some trail from Paulina to Black Rock to get rid of all the road?

Afric Pepperbird
    Quote Originally Posted by Borneo
    Any possibility to build some trail from Paulina to Black Rock to get rid of all the road?
    That, my friend, is a capital idea!

mtbr member

what the hell are you doing in maui?

Surfing the internet.

Enough said.

[quote=Jaybo][quote=BIGfatED]

No you are not! You are here to spew your closed minded garbarge. It hurts to ride a bike for 95 miles regardless of your desire to learn about bikes. LOL! But, if given opportunity you will jab at someone because of course you are just here to talk about bikes. Again, LOL! Oh, and it must be so cool to be so open minded. Laughing my arse off. Hypocrite!

Yes, you are such an awesome person. Mom must be proud because you don't talk about how a long ride might hurt your butt. Listen to yourself! It is laughable!

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=freebiker]Surfing the internet.

Enough said.

[quote=Jaybo]Bo' can't quit it. So bad, even paradise can't distract . I'm calling the internet help line and finding you a local meeting for IAA (Internet Addicts Anonymous).

BTW, nice avatar FB'er, the upcoming RFX should be a good one and probably my next bike after going on 4yrs on the old one. Ran into your neighbor at HH today he wants a new bike too, but said he had 12" at home, whatever that meant .

-JonG
    Last edited by jgusta; 10-25-2009 at 07:06 PM.
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    he was refering to his motorcycle, unfortunately for his girlfriend thats the only 12 inches he can refer to

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by freebiker
    he was refering to his motorcycle, unfortunately for his girlfriend thats the only 12 inches he can refer to
    Ahah, I feel better now.
    Ride On!

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

Hmm

[QUOTE=freebiker]Surfing the internet.

Enough said.

[quote=Jaybo]Transferring dough to pay for the trip Not that much of surfer just find the goof balls on the Oregon board funny.

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

Eeek

[QUOTE=jgusta][QUOTE=freebiker]Surfing the internet.

Enough said.

Bo' can't quit it. So bad, even paradise can't distract . I'm calling the internet help line and finding you a local meeting for IAA (Internet Addicts Anonymous).

BTW, nice avatar FB'er, the upcoming RFX should be a good one and probably my next bike after going on 4yrs on the old one. Ran into your neighbor at HH today he wants a new bike too, but said he had 12" at home, whatever that meant .

-JonG
    Not really an internet freak...finding it tedious for the most part. Going to ride in the am even if it is wet..