Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    mtbr member

Snow fun...

on FUNner this afternoon! Hope you all had a good weekend.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bend trails (post snow)-img_0065-800x600-.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    The lower elevation trails are good to ride if you hit them while frozen.

Deshutes River Trail just N of Sun River:

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    wondering if TW / Funner would be rideable tomorrow... probably not. Normal tires. Horse ridge is probably going to be the pick.
    Bend, OR

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by willem3 View Post
    That looks cool!!! I tend to usually go out with my Winchester 45 COLT Lever Action. Although, I sometimes take out the double barrel Coach Gun.

I will let you know when I head out. Probably in December. Prefer to ride now when I can!! Cheers!
    I am in !! I'll bring my AR and a 1911 and lots of ammo ! PM me. I'll also bring my hot girlfriend that loves bikes AND guns.

mtbr member
    A buddy and I plan on coming to hit a couple trails, probably Phil's and/or Shevlin, on Thurs and Fri. Anyone been up there lately?

Keep Singletrack Single
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoban View Post
    A buddy and I plan on coming to hit a couple trails, probably Phil's and/or Shevlin, on Thurs and Fri. Anyone been up there lately?
    Weather forecast is dry for Thurs-Weekend. However, with the amount of rain we received, it will be wet. Also expect it to be really frozen. Cold temps in the forecast.
    Phil's Trail Steward for COTA
    http://www.cotamtb.com
    Phil's Trail Facebook Page
    https://www.facebook.com/PhilsTrail

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    sounds like a perfect weekend for maston... should be some good work on sat done to it also.

mtbr member
    Still soggy on the westside anyone know? East side is nice, but was thinking about hitting up one last run in the Phils area in a couple hours.
    Bend, Oregon

it means 'no problem'
    Just out hiking on COD and aside from maybe a puddle here and there the dirt is stellar!
    "“May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view." - Edward Abbey

Keep Singletrack Single
    Quote Originally Posted by sans soucie View Post
    Just out hiking on COD and aside from maybe a puddle here and there the dirt is stellar!
    Nice!!! Weekend should be solid.
    Phil's Trail Steward for COTA
    http://www.cotamtb.com
    Phil's Trail Facebook Page
    https://www.facebook.com/PhilsTrail

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by thuren View Post
    Still soggy on the westside anyone know? East side is nice, but was thinking about hitting up one last run in the Phils area in a couple hours.
    how was it?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by shugarbear View Post
    how was it?
    Perfect!

Probably going to be good today till about noon, before thawing, and getting sloppy on the top.
    Bend, Oregon

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by thuren View Post
    Perfect!

Probably going to be good today till about noon, before thawing, and getting sloppy on the top.
    I went this morning at 7 am... it was great. I just went up to marvins and back down to the old mill... so I didnt go very high.

thuren want to ride sat morning?

mtbr member
    I'll be up at Bachelor all day Sat. Sunday maybe!
    Bend, Oregon

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    rode this morning up to the top of lower whoops, good amount of snow up there... bottom seemed totally fine. horse butte tomorrow, woot

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I might be driving over there from Portland for riding this weekend. Unless there is new snow, would the prospect of riding lower Phils, like up to post 18 or so be possible? Or should I plan to check out Horse Ridge. Never been over there. Assume it is fun... Thanks!

mtbr member
    I was coming over to go riding too, but I'm afraid of the snow dropped too far down. It did on the west side.

Anyone have a snow report? Thanks!

Also, where to ride if Phil's is snowed in? Swamp Wells?

Afric Pepperbird
    I was coming over to go riding too, but I'm afraid of the snow dropped too far down. It did on the west side.

Yes, Swamp Wells. Or Horse Ridge. Or Maston

mtbr member

Yeah what DF said.

Snow report is there is a trace of new snow from last night in the phil's area. Potentially still rideable but better to go east.

@JPDX - Horse ridge is actually a really cool ride. Climbing, descending, technical, views. It's one of the better trails around if you like this sort of thing. the negatives for us locals are it's 20 minutes away or more, and some people don't like technical. It's quite technical in sections. Also negative is you have to climb over some barb wire fencing. We are too spoiled around here.

Afric Pepperbird
    Peterson Ridge in Sisters is damn near perfect!

I was out there today, and did not see another soul, other than a few deer. The far end of the trail has a few soupy sections, due to melting permafrost, but it's not bad at all.

I'm getting better at clearing Eagle Rock Pass all the time. Only had one short section of tough uphill switchback requiring a dismount, and one small dab. Not too shabby!

Get out there while you can. Preferably on a sunny day! The contrast of the Three Sisters painted white, and the pure green of the trees below Peterson Ridge, is sublime.

Dude, got any schwag?
    Rode Phil's to rd 300, over to Ben's (exit whoops) down Ben's to Voodoo cross-over, down Phils/Kent's to finish. Voodoo cross-over was kinda sucky, but everything else was awesome. I made the only bike tracks above Voodoo. Then I had to go warm up @ 10 Barrel with a cold beer. Love their Pray for Snow (prayer answered).
    Billy

Speed is sweet, it's like an avenue to
    ... Shredtopia!

Afric Pepperbird
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSchwagman View Post
    Rode Phil's to rd 300, over to Ben's (exit whoops) down Ben's to Voodoo cross-over, down Phils/Kent's to finish. Voodoo cross-over was kinda sucky, but everything else was awesome. I made the only bike tracks above Voodoo. Then I had to go warm up @ 10 Barrel with a cold beer. Love their Pray for Snow (prayer answered).
    I'm glad somebody likes their beer

mtbr member
    We're renting a house for the weekend in Bend, and tomorrow I hope to head out early and go ride Horse Ridge. Then hopefully Phil's on Sat. Maybe I'll see you there! If you see a brown Trek Fuel with white rims say hi!

mtbr member
    Hey Hoban, text me if you want some company!

Afric Pepperbird
    We're renting a house for the weekend in Bend, and tomorrow I hope to head out early and go ride Horse Ridge. Then hopefully Phil's on Sat. Maybe I'll see you there! If you see a brown Trek Fuel with white rims say hi!
    Be sure to check out Peterson Ridge, or Horse Butte, as well. You may not get far riding the Phil's triangle, although you can do multiple laps on what is clear.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast