beautiful noise...

Bend trail conditions?

I brought my bike last weekend and was treated to nearly six inches of snow! So, this weekend I will disregard the National Weather Service (last Sat was supposed to be 50 degrees, partly cloudy w/40percent chance of rain) and ask you folks in the know what's up! I'm looking to ride Sunday and have the entire day free. Any suggestions? Anybody want to join me?

out yo-
    [SIZE="4"]out- guy[/SIZE]

[SIZE="4"]what I do when I'm not riding...[/SIZE]

Nat
    Solo contendre
    Still not much open around town. I went up COD just a hair this evening and quickly (within a half mile) hit snow.

Gray Butte/Smith Rock and Horse Ridge are okay right now.

My Ass is My Pilot
    Hey dont forget BarbieC this weekend at BlackButte/Camp Sherman area.Camping as well
    B.O.S/S Shampoo Now with More No More Gears! 34/18
    Ride With B.O.S/S

MattSavage
    Gray Butte and Horse Ridge are the only viable options I know of. I'm thinking about cruising out to Peterson in Sisters this afternoon, see how it is out there.
    "I wrote a hit play! What have you ever done?!"

Have Ashtray, Will Travel....

beautiful noise...

The Ride...

We'd scouted part of COD before dark Sat night and it looked decent. Upon arriving this morning a hiker informed us that it was indeed quite dry. The sun broke and we soaked it up! We rode up COD for a few miles until the snow got too deep and obscured the trail too far. We rode down FS400 back to the hwy, turned right, and rode up to the Lava Island area. From there we rode up the DRT til the snow obscured the trail as far as sight would permit (near Benham?), turned around, and rode DRT back to the COD TH. It started to sprinkle as we loaded the bikes. All told we clocked about 15mi and had a good time

Now for the bad...

[SIZE="3"]Somewhere between lower COD TH and Lava Island on the DRT we lost a Canon Power Shot A75 digital camera![/SIZE]

I'm pretty sure it'd be somewhere close to the Entrada Lodge as my buddy Dave recalls hitting some brush pretty hard in that fast twisty section. It was in a black neoprene camera case with a velcro attachment. If anybody happens to come by it and feals like returning it to me I sure as hell would appreciate it.
    Last edited by guyplaysbass; 04-03-2006 at 01:27 AM. Reason: camera type... trail section...

MattSavage
    Quote Originally Posted by guyplaysbass
    Now for the bad...

[SIZE="3"]Somewhere between lower COD TH and Lava Island on the DRT we lost a Canon Power Shot A75 digital camera![/SIZE]

I'm pretty sure it'd be somewhere close to the Entrada Lodge as my buddy Dave recalls hitting some brush pretty hard in that fast twisty section. It was in a black neoprene camera case with a velcro attachment. If anybody happens to come by it and feals like returning it to me I sure as hell would appreciate it.
    Ooohh that sucks. I hope some frat boy doesn't find it and plays the old "Hey, who's camara is this?! Let's get some shots!!" before returning it to you. I lost a 35mm point and shoot at the State Fair a few years ago, needless to say it was returned with some great port a potty POV shots! At least I got it back! It would have sucked if I didn't have those photos of the ring toss and the Enterprise!
    "I wrote a hit play! What have you ever done?!"

Have Ashtray, Will Travel....

Nat
    Solo contendre
    Quote Originally Posted by guyplaysbass

I walked the fast/twisty section near the Entrada Lodge today looking for your camera and found nothing. Sorry!

My Ass is My Pilot
    Horse Ridge was great on Sunday only 12miles or so but still trails are ready for SS
    B.O.S/S Shampoo Now with More No More Gears! 34/18
    Ride With B.O.S/S

beautiful noise...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat
    I walked the fast/twisty section near the Entrada Lodge today looking for your camera and found nothing. Sorry!
    Thanks Nat, it's much appreciated. I know Bend is a lot bigger then it used to be but who knows... Just keep your ears/eyes open. Maybe it'll turn up.

out yo-

mtbr member

Bump! Any updates, suggestions?

hello...boise resident here...growing tired of our foothills trails already, and looking for a road trip.

any updates on trail conditions over there in Bend? mckenzie river trail? ashland?

is it worth it to make a road trip this weekend (4/28-4/30)?

and...for your idaho trail update...only thing open in/around boise is the foothills behind downtown..the owyhee is open south of town. danskins are probably getting close, but i haven't heard much new from there. central idaho has a long ways to go.. lots of snow just like you guys. it is in the mid 60s and 70s this week though. kinda hot this weekend...

maybe the best bet is utah? again?

Toby Wong?
    lower triangle of Phils is good to go, but sections of Voodoo are filled in with good amounts of snow.....as is the upper part of Phils as you get to "The Rock". Heading out via KGB will get you to some fun rocky sections and the built-up trail features. Significant snow up by the 300 Road - no riding there..

Horse Butte good shape.

MRT is in good shape, i'd expect

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tappoix
    lower triangle of Phils is good to go, but sections of Voodoo are filled in with good amounts of snow.....as is the upper part of Phils as you get to "The Rock". Heading out via KGB will get you to some fun rocky sections and the built-up trail features. Significant snow up by the 300 Road - no riding there..

Horse Butte good shape.

MRT is in good shape, i'd expect

cool. thanks a lot for the info....so, we could expect to ride mckenzie river trail on saturday and then do a short phils type ride on sunday before driving back.

i'm thinking it may be worth it (the drive, that is). anybody up for showing some out-of-towners MRT on sat? shuttle? it'll be my wife and me, maybe a friend or two as well, but who knows?

Nat
    Solo contendre
    Quote Originally Posted by garnetspur
    cool. thanks a lot for the info....so, we could expect to ride mckenzie river trail on saturday and then do a short phils type ride on sunday before driving back.

i'm thinking it may be worth it (the drive, that is). anybody up for showing some out-of-towners MRT on sat? shuttle? it'll be my wife and me, maybe a friend or two as well, but who knows?
    I'd love to join you but I'm out of town right now. Have fun!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by garnetspur
    hello...boise resident here...growing tired of our foothills trails already, and looking for a road trip.

any updates on trail conditions over there in Bend? mckenzie river trail? ashland?

is it worth it to make a road trip this weekend (4/28-4/30)?

and...for your idaho trail update...only thing open in/around boise is the foothills behind downtown..the owyhee is open south of town. danskins are probably getting close, but i haven't heard much new from there. central idaho has a long ways to go.. lots of snow just like you guys. it is in the mid 60s and 70s this week though. kinda hot this weekend...

maybe the best bet is utah? again?
    McKenzie has the lower 15 or so miles open, with just a few trees down. Rode it a couple weeks ago on a night ride, and overlooked it from Castle Rock Saturday (3400 ft elevation). The snow level on the west side seems to be at about 4000 ft as of Saturday. The exceptions atlower elevations are the roads/open areas on north slopes.