mtbr member

Bend MTB Ride - June 8,9

I will be playing hookie from work and staying in Bend for some BC bike race prep riding midweek in early June. I am hearing/reading mixed messages as far as what is ride-able due to forest service, crowds, snow etc. We are looking to ride more XC type trails (some rocks and drops yes, no big full face helmet hucking...) I am fine with the Phils area but could use some suggestions for trails or any recommended loop(s) for 50+ mile ride. I have done the HC 100, (but it was years ago) and remember the trails were sometimes dusty but overall really fun.

GPS, GPX etc links if available.

much appreciated-

Freeride Recumbent
    Snow is melting pretty quickly but getting 50 miles in one ride will probably mean going up to the snow line and back down. Not sure a big 'loop' will be possible by next week.

Mountain Biking in Central Oregon » BendTrails.org

mtbr member
    May 2017
    The Bend Bulletin just had an article in the paper last week about starting to clear out the Cascade Highway and said that a lot of the side roads would still be closed. A lot will depend on what elevation you want to ride at while in the Bend area. Consider this - Mt. Bachelor has announced ski season will continue through July 4th this year. Probably best to call some local bike shops to check on trail conditions of areas you want to ride, or solicit suggestions.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by High Desert View Post
    Probably best to call some local bike shops to check on trail conditions
    BendTrails! Don't pedal uphill on Phil's without it!

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Bendie here.

I'm thinking by next week that most of Phil's and Wanoga should be wide open. You can tie these together into 50 mile or longer rides as things are currently if you get creative. However, having tiddlywinks/upper tylers open up would be more your style than funner, I think. They are close right now...ohh so close.

The big, high altitude loops...forget about it. Its gonna be mid July before Swampy clears up if I had to guess.

mtbr member
    All of Wanoga is open and clear. So is Phil's up to Shooting Star shelter (Tumalo Ridge, Sector 16 and down).

Mrazek was still snowed in yesterday. If you could push up it to Farewell then you could:

Mrazek up to Farewell down to Tumalo Ridge up then down Sector 16, Whoops, and out Phil's. Then up Ben's and Helipad to Storm King, down to the green gate then link up Tyler's and Tiddlywinks and Funner somehow.

mtbr member
    thanks everyone for the trail suggestions. had a great time up there in Bend and MRT.