mtbr member

Bend: Fall is trailwork season

Please join us this Saturday Oct 10th for our annual Biketoberfest.

Meet at 9am Colorado and Simpson
    Work until 2pm at throughout our trail networks.
    BBQ until 6pm at Wanoga parking lot

We'll meet at the Park and Ride (Colorado and Simpso...n) by 9am to divide into work groups. Remember to bring water, safety glasses, gloves, sturdy shoes, sunscreen, and all your friends.

Food and beverages will be provided for all volunteers at the BBQ.

mtbr member

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Caution on Phils Canyon

Just a heads up. I was up on Phils Canyon all day building drainage with a walk-behind Bobcat. While there was some moisture up there, obviously its going to be a bit loose till the next rain. Use caution! There is a "Trail Work Ahead" sign up there, but I know how much credit most people give to that sort of thing.

The goal of the project is to give a place for all that sand that piles in the corners, some place to go. For those of you that fear that I'd be in there turning it into another jump park...I resisted. The drainage will be cleaned up as to not be so visually objectionable on Saturday...which did I mention is Biketoberfest? We'll have a work crew in there to spruce up the trail and get it ready for winter.

For those that wish I had turned the Canyon into a jump park...well ain't gonna happen its a classic-style trail with a long history. If you want to help out on the new dirt jumps at the bottom of the slalom trail...those too will be getting work done on Saturday. Come an join us we've got projects for all interests.

mtbr member

Lair work party - Saturday Oct 31st

Come out and help work on The Lair.

Nick and the boys are hard at work up there doing prep work with the heavy machines. On the 31st its time to get in there with a big work crew to clean everything up and armor all the sides of the jumps.

Come one come all.
    Details to follow.

Keep Singletrack Single

Phil's Canyon

Thanks Chris! As the new steward for that section I look forward to getting out there with a crew to finish the work you have already started. Sounds like it went well yesterday. Thanks for your efforts!!
    Phil's Trail Steward for COTA
    http://www.cotamtb.com
    Phil's Trail Facebook Page
    https://www.facebook.com/PhilsTrail